Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know all these are damn expensive, and require a pretty hard-core fisherman to annie up the dough for one. well, im 24 and my shammmmmie was produced by me and is one of a kind. it might not be be worth 400 bucks, but its warm, dark, and faster setting up than most of the sweet ones. although heavier!!! it pissed me off a little when someone wlked past it today and made some snobby comment. we're all fishing. and ill sit in that shammmiami all day. sorry, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Jan 11 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know all these are damn expensive, and require a pretty hard-core fisherman to annie up the dough for one. well, im 24 and my shammmmmie was produced by me and is one of a kind. it might not be be worth 400 bucks, but its warm, dark, and faster setting up than most of the sweet ones. although heavier!!! it pissed me off a little when someone wlked past it today and made some snobby comment. we're all fishing. and ill sit in that shammmiami all day. sorry, just my 2 cents.
Just ignore them. They were probably sitting on buckets and cold and pissed off cause they didn't catch anything. I made one last year and then realized it sucked hauling it out on the ice so i bought my shappell. You can pick them up pretty cheap on craigslist right now. Just got to watch and get the one you want.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well you might see me out there tomorrow. i guess its all just about ingenuity and adapting to the situation. ive always said "strong like bull, smart like tractor." ill pull that heavy a$$ shammmyyy till i finally break down and buy that frabill. as for now, im fine. catching fish and staying warm. by the way bowtie, if see your sweet set-up out there ill stop by. good luck all

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yes say hi. I will be there first thing in the morning pending on what time my buddy gets up. I told him to be ready by 6:00 a.m. we'll see. hope to see you out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't sweat what the shanty looks like. I wasn't able to afford the clam I bouht this year for a long time. My buddy paid $425, I paid $200 for a 5600 that was used twice (and the lack of use is obvious). When you decide to spend the dough use craigslist. Good fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tip for you, buy a pair of skis at a garage sale for 5 or 10 bucks. My hundred pounds of equiptment isn't even noticable.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Jan 11 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know all these are damn expensive, and require a pretty hard-core fisherman to annie up the dough for one. well, im 24 and my shammmmmie was produced by me and is one of a kind. it might not be be worth 400 bucks, but its warm, dark, and faster setting up than most of the sweet ones. although heavier!!! it pissed me off a little when someone wlked past it today and made some snobby comment. we're all fishing. and ill sit in that shammmiami all day. sorry, just my 2 cents.

Don't worry It sounds like a jealous (Why didn't I think of that ) type of fishermen!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts

dont let them coments bother you. but i was looking for shantys for 2 weeks before christmas they all over priced but i did find a great deal on a 3man eskimo at faimly farm in rich man same shantys at dicks for 599 i paid 399 and they have afew 99 dollar vikings there to . but im saying check it out eskimo really im pressed me i love it its like a condo on ice
for a low price

·
Registered
52 Posts
the heck with those guys, my dad and i fished with a heavy hand made shanty for years. My brother still actually employs it from time to time and it worked great until we upgraded to the Otter lodge. Once you do think of switching over to a manufacture build try end of season sales. you might find a great deal

·
Registered
992 Posts
Nautical mile bp has some really good deals, check them out and i'm sure Jackie will take care of you. Also gander has some pretty good priced shappels. I bought mine there a few years back at the end of season and got a smokin deal on it

·
Registered
382 Posts
Billdozer, maybe you can make a sled to put your shanty on. Mine is made of 4" pvc with some thin plywood on top, Ive also have removeable steel conduit runners to get me thru the snow. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow.

Draino

1 - 11 of 11 Posts