Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car, they put my licence plate in one of the dealerships licence plate holders, I told him to take it off, they said they would get into trouble..

Shouldn't they like pay me to promote their dealership?

I have noticed almost everycar on the street has some form of dealership advertisement, does yours?

For the record, I took that thing off when I got home.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Won't have one on my car. In fact, I asked the previous dealer to remove the "Bob Saks" sticker off the paint. They did it because they wanted the sale.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Luckily I've always bought from dealers who do not put stickers, but I would refuse to buy a car with a sticker.

The licence plate holders are easy enough to remove and throw away.

I agree.. no free advertising on my car.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
You still have all the manufacturers badges and emblems all over advertising for them....

What about the Nike logo on your shoes, shirts, and hats?

Hilfiger on your jeans?

Rolex on your watch.....etc. etc. etc.....

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Manufacterer's emblems, maybe, but not the PLACE I bought the items...

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I agree, I have the dealer pull the stickers and plate frame off before I drive out.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with clothing, you pay for name brand. For instance, I may buy a pair of Nike tennis shoes, having the logo on them is fine, but if Sears were to put a Sears sticker on them, well then that's another story.
I don't mind the manufacturer stuff, just the store part bothers me. I wouldn't go around with a Dick's Sporting Goods sticker on my tennis racket.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Thanks for the reminder!

I have been wanting to get rid of the advertisement tire cover I have on my Wrangler!

I just ordered a plain one from jeep world, it still has "Jeep" on it but that doesn't bother me, a Jeep is a Jeep.

Now as for other more expensive cars, no, I wouldn't want any advertisements on them.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When I bought my car I told them not to put any advertisements on my car, they didn't then but when I took it in for an oil change they threw a liscense plate cover on it. As soon as I noticed it, I took it off!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Boss @ Feb 24 2004, 03:36 PM)Thanks for the reminder!

I have been wanting to get rid of the advertisement tire cover I have on my Wrangler!

I just ordered a plain one from jeep world, it still has "Jeep" on it but that doesn't bother me.
When I had my wrangler, I had the same problem. Ended up just taking the thing off..which I found out later wasn't good..but I sold it before I ever needed it!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wetbar always takes off the dealer crap. I just don't like it on there. We just bought a plain black tire cover for our Wrangler because I'm hoping the lakestclair.net sticker is going to stick right across the center of it!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This always pisses off the dealers. The guys who detail the new car before delivery to you, have to put them on...it's their job. Well as the sales guy is having me sign the agreement I fill in my own written statement basically stating if there is any advertisement of there dealer on the car I don't have to take delivery of it. Oh you want to see a sales guy get pissed for putting your own stipulation into the contract. LOL
Good thing he is my neighbor and understood where I was coming from.

Besides aren't those license plate covers illegal?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I would never allow a dealer to put any advertisement on my car. I didn't buy my car from a dealer anyway, though.

I've heard stories on other message boards of people taking their cars in for warranty work and having their personalized plate covers removed and replaced with dealer ones. Needless to say, that didn't fly.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
The car I have right now is used for transportation only so it's not even worth my 10 seconds to walk around the back to see if there is a plate frame on it. But understand if you don't want it on there.

·
12,052 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about LSCN stickers or something.

j/k
How about years ago when the dealers drilled holes and put metal signs on?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I remember back in the 70 s dealers used to put there chrome emblems on some cars with there names.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It really ticks me off with them putting stickers on my car. I always make them burn a calorie and take it off. If one of them was to tell me that they would get in trouble if they removed it...I would make sure they understood that they would be in even bigger trouble if they didn't.

Don't get me wrong...I do marketing and advertising for a living BUT...Everyone should have a say so. Did I go around putting my ph.# on the courtesy van when I was selling my boat? Did I put a LSCN sticker on the door of a business promoting my favorite past time? ...no...not yet anyway.

Its like telemarketers...Manana II gets so mad at me when they call I start selling them stuff...like my bike in the garage for $100 bucks or the chain saw for $50 bucks. I tell them if they can do it to me I can do it right back

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I agree. dont like dealer stickers on my cars. But yeah they always sneak a plate trim or hitch plug on somewhere.

However! I have four exceptions (maybe more) that i wouldn't mind if they were on the right car...

Shelby
Motion
Nicky
Yenko

1 - 20 of 22 Posts