Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine sold a litter of Gordon Setters six years ago, and due to poor health, one of the guys he sold a pup to has to get rid of his. These pups sold for about $700.00 back then. I've hunted with a couple of these pups before and they are hunting machines. If anyone is interested let me know and I can get you in touch with the owner. The dog is north near Thumb Lake (east of Boyne Falls)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
How big do Gordon setters get?
I'm interested if they don't get too big.
I have a Brittany now and don't want anything bigger.....

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do get big! They are alot like an Irish Setter, but black instead of red. My friend that had the litter of pups kept one of them and he isabout 75 lbs. It's mother about 60 lbs. They stay outside just about all day and come into the house at night. Since he has a large yard, they are happy all day. But since his property is mostly wooded, he doesn't have to clean up the "doggy land mines". I almost took one of his pups, but I don't have the large yard, house, or amount of patience and time to be cleaning up after them all the time.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I would be intersted, if he's free. I originally wanted a Lab, but I would love to take a dog that needs a good home.

Do those kinds of dogs shed?

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, they do shed and they have long hair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts