Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats everyone going to be doing on friday?

We plan on playing on the lake most of hte day, then heading to Algonac Harbor Marina to settle for a few hours while we go to families for a BBQ and then back to the boat, and up the river for the ALgonac fireworks.

Anyone else going for the fireworks?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Where is it?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
We'll be there. Not sure what we're doing earlier in the day yet, but we're planning on going. Usually sit back a bit, near the big bend in the North Channel, near the public access ramp. We'll monitor 69 for other peeps.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Can someone post directions. We have NOTHING going on on the 4th so far.

·
Registered
954 Posts
if you set anchor anywhere near the Algonac board walk you be fine. Not sure exactly where the barge will be this year. It varies slightly for weather conditions.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 2 2003, 08:46 AM)Can someone post directions. We have NOTHING going on on the 4th so far.

they are up town in Algonac right off the the boardwalk.

get there a little early to find a spot on the lawn-
it gets crowded-

I'll be there w/ my kids-
we go every year

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said, I have family that lives in town, so we have been doing the fireworks and festival for over 10 years now. We will probably be at Gull and/or Strawberry for the day, and then going to Algonac Harbor Marina as just a place dock for a few hours, and $30.00, while we eat. We'll probably anchor just north (up river) of the barges, just past the public launch at the north end of the boardwalk, so we have the stern deck to relax on and watch the fireworks.

They definately have a great show and the festival, rides, food and BEER tents are great.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I think I was there for them once when I was a kid. My dad stepped in dog crap.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 2 2003, 09:51 AM)I think I was there for them once when I was a kid. My dad stepped in dog crap.

so sad that this happened to your dad....

it must have been tramatizing for you also, to bring it up again after all these years....

just messing w/ ya snow

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 2 2003, 08:51 AM)I think I was there for them once when I was a kid. My dad stepped in dog crap.

".......food and BEER tents are great."

Sorry about that. I'll try to be more carefull this year

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I will be in Algonac on Friday night. My inlaws live on a canal just past the "downtown" area.

Right by Snoopy's Dog House! I love cheap drinks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts