Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
We will be there with a few people. Not sure if I am going to attempt to raft in the open lake, but might try it.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
We were thinking about maybe just heading back to the marina to watch from the dock. Gonna have a big day on Saturday so gotta keep fresh. Never know, we may head over and anchor with you folks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jun 25 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We were thinking about maybe just heading back to the marina to watch from the dock. Gonna have a big day on Saturday so gotta keep fresh. Never know, we may head over and anchor with you folks.

There is NO SUCH THINK AS TOO MUCH BOATING!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hope to see ya Stodge.
We are either gonna take the short ride on the water
(with a hooddie and a respirator handy for the moths)
or just watch from the dock.
Couple of open slips near me you should fit in, come on over!
gt

·
Registered
948 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jun 25 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We were thinking about maybe just heading back to the marina to watch from the dock. Gonna have a big day on Saturday so gotta keep fresh. Never know, we may head over and anchor with you folks.

We are headed out on Saturday as well. Where will you be?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
We committed to going to a friends house party. They live right on Jefferson, so we get a pretty clear shot of the SCS fireworks. I really want to go to the fireworks in the Clem, always a crazy time down there..

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
hmmmm....thinking....might be able to make it...either ho'ing or onna dock

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
apparently....Mr Retired...is too busy to answer his phone at the moment

I'll keep trying. Now, if that was me and HE was trying to reach me...boy o boy would he get bent out of shape !

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'll probably just sit in my yard with a beer and watch the NB ones in the distance.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
We ended up anchored next to Sunsation98; way too rough to try to form a raft. The moths were disgusting, my white swim pad was just covered with them. The wind was blowing so hard it set my anchor so deep I could barely break it loose. Pulled up about 20 pounds of muck and the biggest clam I've ever seen.

Oh, the fireworks show was good.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Wantsa-

I hear ya on the bugs.........

I have never experienced the bugs that bad there. Now I can say I agree with others that say the bugs are bad!! LOL

I had fun regardless though!

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Jun 27 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We ended up anchored next to Sunsation98; way too rough to try to form a raft. The moths were disgusting, my white swim pad was just covered with them. The wind was blowing so hard it set my anchor so deep I could barely break it loose. Pulled up about 20 pounds of muck and the biggest clam I've ever seen.

Oh, the fireworks show was good.

We had seven of us rafted together just north of the barge close to shore,the water calmed down as the night progressed and yes lots of bugs and my first night time ride of the year was pretty good.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(KennyG @ Jun 28 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We had seven of us rafted together just north of the barge close to shore,the water calmed down as the night progressed and yes lots of bugs and my first night time ride of the year was pretty good.
I kept telling my wife the water looked calmer just a little further in ... I should have listened to myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts