Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great day on the water Friday with BassTek (once again!) - beautiful weather, got out around 8:30 in Mile Roads vicinity... made several drifts and had pretty good success. We both got fish pretty much right away - a few smallies, then Tek got a largie, I got a small pike, Tek got more smallies, I got a nice walleye (maybe my first one ever, definitely first as an adult), Tek got rockies, I got a small muskie, Tek got more smallies and rockies (lots of rockies actually!). Was fun for sure - all on medium diving cranks. Thanks again Tek - enjoyed the laughs too
Couldn't believe how warm (hot!) it got mid-day, wasn't expecting that. Fishing slowed when the wind died, was pretty much dead calm after a while.

Sky Water Vertebrate Gesture Cloud

Water Watch Sky Fisherman Fish

Sky Water Boat Cloud Watch

Attachments

· Registered
735 Posts
Basstek,
Your smallmouth fishing reports have been as consistent as anyone's all summer long. Congratulations on finding the fish and being able to stay on them. You have caught some nice smallmouth each trip. Those are awesome pictures and great to look back on when the season is over. I want to give you one tip (you may already do this) but you should keep a log-book each time you go out. It will definately serve you well in the future. Good luck.

PS- Congrats on the walleye Superman, that's a nice eating size.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that Tek has been getting the smallies in the boat! Except for when he's pulling back-to-back-to-back limits of walleye or nailing big 'ol muskies, he gets the bass DONE! I think he keeps a pretty amazing mental log actually, but that would be a cool idea to jot down each day... I am amazed every time I'm lucky enough to get out with him that he's catching fish when I can't get a hit, then I tie on one of his baits and start catching fish! Not sure how he always seems to know what they want! I wanna be like him when I'm a growed-up fisherman

It was fun catching that wally when casting, I was surprised how well he fought. We put him back 'cuz Tek was nice enough to give me a package of filets from his (well stocked!) freezer - thanks again Mike! Oh, and the pike and muskie apparently couldn't hang around for a photo - they both launched out of my hands or off the lip-grip as soon as the hooks were out! Too bad, the muskie was really cool looking even though he was little. He almost sent the trebles right in to my face when he jumped away... whew!

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Nice post Superman. Who is paying You to say all those nice things about me? We definitely did have a great day though. I can't believe we caught Smallmouth, Largemouth, Rockbass, Walleye, Pike, and Muskie. The only thing I was getting there before Friday was Smallmouth.
I went back out to the same area on Monday and it was loaded with floating weeds. The fish are still there, but very difficult to fish that area right now.
Thank's for tagging along Marc.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Sep 15 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice post Superman. Who is paying You to say all those nice things about me? We definitely did have a great day though. I can't believe we caught Smallmouth, Largemouth, Rockbass, Walleye, Pike, and Muskie. The only thing I was getting there before Friday was Smallmouth.
I went back out to the same area on Monday and it was loaded with floating weeds. The fish are still there, but very difficult to fish that area right now.
Thank's for tagging along Marc.

WISH I was getting paid!
I just keep hoping some of your mojo will rub off

· Registered
1,047 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Sep 15 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here you go Superman. I caught "The One" You were looking for on Friday today. 21 1/4"

View attachment 66646

Great job guys! Thats one Hellava fish there Tek!! Sounds like an awesome day on the water. Getting a mixed bag like that woould be some fun! Congrats on the Wally Superman!

QUOTE(Eric C. @ Sep 15 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Man this guys "en fuego" as they used to say on SportsCenter or "on fire". If I didn't have a herniated disc in my back I want to learn from the pro. Very impressive fish once again Basstek. Why don't you get a digital scale so you can start telling us the weight too.

Well when you get better you should take a ride with Tek. HE KNOWS HIS STUFF and can put you on the fish everyday. Thats not easy to do!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.