Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted in another thread, thought it a good idel to post it here!

"Hello All, my name is Jim Gray and I am the Manager at Browns. First off I want to thank everyone at LSCN for their support in the summer of 2003, you all made the season much more enjoyable for all of us at Browns.

Yes, the Halloween Party is approaching quickly. We have made some changes this year and to continue the tradition of this great party we will need a little help from everyone. Thanks in advance and and I hope everyone has a great time.

Here's the skinny:
1) For those coming by land, the parking will be at Browns baseball field located directly accross form the ferry(turn left off the ferry and it is right there). Their will be continuous shuttle service from 6PM-??? Please do not drive all the way to Browns Bar, as you will be directed back to Browns Baseball field and this will add to the traffic problem at Browns we are trying to avoid.
2) Please remember to bring your picture ID. This is a 21 and over event and you will not be allowed in without picture ID.
3) Lastly, for those who have not heard, the new Michigan law (blood alcohol level) goes into effect on October 1st. So, please do not hesitate to ask someone here at Browns to call for a ride if you have had too much to drink.

I am sure there will be alot of questions for me, I am working out at Browns this weekend, but I will make an effort to try and answer all questions by Monday."

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Sep 27 2003, 01:44 PM)"I am sure there will be alot of questions for me, "
How about: When are you going to fix your docks??

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(GrumpyOldMan @ Sep 27 2003, 03:58 PM)QUOTE(afiremen @ Sep 27 2003, 01:44 PM) "I am sure there will be alot of questions for me, "
How about: When are you going to fix your docks??
Good question.
Not the right time or place but still a good question.

NoCode

·
Registered
7 Posts
As for the docks, yes they need to be done. This was my first year at Browns, if I return I will have more information in the spring. Hit me up then.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Those docks have been like that for years.....One more year we can live with.....I appreciate Brown's Guy posting a heads up for us about the Halloween bash on Saturday....

G

·
You know, if they get fixed up nice it will be a lot harder to get a spot there. I prefer that they stay kind of scary looking, but maybe just make sure they are sturdy and safe and don't have any exposed fiberglass-eating bolts (seen a few...)

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
brown's is awesome. i couldn't imagine it any other way.

thanks, jim, on the heads up for saturday!

G

·
Absolutely... I think it's cool that Brown's Guy is keeping us posted and also going out of the way to accommodate the crowd for the party with tents, shuttles, and parking so that people don't get left outside like last year. I hope this doesn't jinx it, but I checked the weather and it's looking OK for now, mostly cloudy but 65.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'd also like to thank him for keeping us informed. I have one question. What's the story with the docks on the oppisite side of the canal. Is that private dockage? I just know that browns will be packed and some people might want to work out a deal to get a well over if there is non left at browns.It's a short walk across the bridge....just a thought.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I love the docks just the way they are If you see a bolt sticking out pull out your duct tape from the cabin and cover the bolt see a nail just hit it with anything thats the way I like it cheap drinks so you can get cheap ladies. Ps If it was a beauty contest it wouldn't be fun.

what will the tents capacity hold about.

What does the bar hold?

I'm one of the Big Red Bus owners & also Little Troy Swensen's cousin (Bill Fritz knows Troy)

only trying to fiqure out how early to arrive without standing in line I've been going to this costume party for years but since we started bring the bus we've helped put your place to the limit. Also I'm leaving a wedding early to attend my 10th annual browns party. Just trying to get the most out of everything.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Another wordof caution
extra patrols on land and sea (me)
don't make me work hard that day.Enjoy the party (i have in the past) but take up the offer for a taxi it will be cheaper in the long run and save us both a big headache.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Sep 29 2003, 06:09 PM)Sounds like I may have to be the designated navigator that night then...
you mean Navi G8ter

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 29 2003, 06:15 PM)you mean Navi G8ter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts