Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Wendy, Jimmy's wife. As many of you know, Jimmy from "Jimmy's Boat Livery" passed away on April 3rd. Alot of you don't know me, I wasn't here alot but I am now. My concern right now is that I was unable to retrieve Jimmy's van from Woods Towing due to all of the bills that were owed here. I had no transportation to get my things out of the van, consequently, not only the van went for sheriff's sale, all of my belongings that were in it went as well. I had shot records for my children in it, clothes, a battery boost box, many many items were in the van. My heart is broken because of losing the van in itself, many memories are associated with it and my husband put many hours into painting it zebra striped like Ted Nugent's bronco, along with our business name, etc on the sides and back. I would be very interested in buying it from whoever has it now, if they don't want to sell it to me, PLEASE spread the word that I would like to at least have my belongings out of it.

I will be having a memorial here at the boat livery for Jimmy on the 26th of July, anyone who wishes to attend can stop by the livery and pick up a flyer. We are located 1/2 mile south of Metro Parkway (16 mile road) right on Jefferson (37934 Jefferson, Harrison Township).

I would really appreciate it if anyone who sees the van could ask for me if the owner would please contact me at 586-468-6000.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Wendy Lewandowski

·
12,052 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for it. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 27 2003, 11:14 AM)I'll keep my eyes open for it. Sorry for your loss.

ditto

G

·
I expect that if it's still in the area, someone will recognize it. My condolences to you and your family and I hope it turns up.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Hi Wendy...So sorry for your losses....will surely keep an eye for your van. Hope you get it and everything in it back soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ May 27 2003, 05:49 PM)Sorry about the lose.

Can you contact the sheriff and find out who bought it?
I did contact the sheriff that handled the sale in eastpointe, he wasn't interested in helping me with the situation.

I read all your posts and I appreciate the thoughtfulness that you have all expressed. God Bless to all and thank you so much again.

Sincerely,
Wendy

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Hey Wendy, Ive met Jimmy only a few times, Im sorry to hear all the troubling news and all that has gone wrong. I have seen the van many times in the past and if its in my view I will notice it and make every effort to chase them down to explain your situation. I will also tell my buddys as well as some friends at Lakeside.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
So sorry to hear about what happened. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for that truck. There's gotta be someone you can call (maybe the Secretary of State) to find out who the new owner is.

That makes me mad about how Eastpointe wouldn't help you <_<
no heart - I tell ya!

Good luck - and keep us posted if you find anything out.

Shannon

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss of your husband Wendy. I will definitly keep my eyes open for that van. I wish you the best of luck!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am sorry for your loss and the additional situation you are in as a result.

Can you post a pic of the van? I am sure many other people are looking at this thread and don't know what it looks like.

Best of luck.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 27 2003, 11:06 PM)Hi Wendy...So sorry for your losses....will surely keep an eye for your van. Hope you get it and everything in it back soon.

ditto

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wendy I am deeply sorry for your loss. I met Jimmy once he was a very nice person to know.

I will keep my eyes open for the van and I will tell my friends to do so also.

Eastpointe police are nasty. I lived in Eastpointe all my life until we moved to New Baltimore a year ago.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 1 2003, 03:15 PM)So sorry to hear about what happened. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for that truck. There's gotta be someone you can call (maybe the Secretary of State) to find out who the new owner is.

That makes me mad about how Eastpointe wouldn't help you

no heart - I tell ya!

Good luck - and keep us posted if you find anything out.

Shannon
ditto!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Do we (LSCN) have any members that can run a VIN number to find out who the new owner is? I think this is a worthy reason to, we need to help Wendy out and get her stuff back to her.

Mini

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jun 2 2003, 12:26 PM)Do we (LSCN) have any members that can run a VIN number to find out who the new owner is? I think this is a worthy reason to, we need to help Wendy out and get her stuff back to her.

Mini
I believe Jethro is an officer.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts