Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do NOT keep food out and my kitchen is clean as a whistle but i have seemed to have been bombarded by fruit flies!

what the heck can i do to get rid of them, and if anyone says to close my legs or mouth, i will rise up like the mighty mitt of michigan and thwart you.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
A fruit flyswatter, maybe?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Aug 21 2003, 12:42 PM)i do NOT keep food out and my kitchen is clean as a whistle but i have seemed to have been bombarded by fruit flies!

what the heck can i do to get rid of them, and if anyone says to close my legs or mouth, i will rise up like the mighty mitt of michigan and thwart you.
Take a shower
(you never mentioned to not make a wise crack about taking a shower)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Aug 21 2003, 12:45 PM)Don't buy fruit?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey! thanks snowbi-wan!

smarta$$es...lol!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gheesch...i'm calling the management here to do it! lol! sounds like too much work! lol!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
halloo....

writing from my very fat place right now!!
bbq at work and my dessert plate was bigger than my food plate!
And I'm on my way for seconds...

Anyhow, a girl I knew had a fruit fly issue for MONTHS... had the exterminator come out several times and everything and they were just everywhere to the point where she couldn't live in her house.

turned out it was a bag of flour that was opened and in the back of a cupboard that was housing their spawning ground... so after she pitched that they went away.

you may have to empty every single thing out and clean, clean, clean... bleah.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, i did the bleach in the drain, and i'm about to clean out the cuppords...as if i have time to do it today...grrr...

dang pesky critters

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We have had problems with them here at work. They are from the plants. We had like Spanish Moss ontop of the dirt to look pretty, but it was breeding them. We got rid of the moss about a month ago, but I still have one little fly every so many days...like today for instance.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
annoying, aint they?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
so funny you mention this subject- i just got done complaining to moneyshot today as a matter of fact about these pesky litte $hits!! I think they bite also.. do fruit flies have mouths???

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
go to pet store buy smoke bombs and close house ,then go to bar for a few hours . oh cover food up and put everything away like dishes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts