Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought a presto fry daddy and after getting it open realized it doesn't have an adjustable thermostat. It says the proper frying temperature is automatically maintaned. How the hell does it know i want it at 375 to fry some perch? Seriously, anybody have one of these and if so hows it working out? It looks like I need to spend a little more cash to get one with a thermostat so before I did, I thought I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I had one for a while and it always seemed to fry fish at the right temperature. The my uncle plugged it in with the top on and the top melted right into the fryer. So we bought a new one with a thermostat. The fry daddy cooked the fish way better than this piece of junk does. I say keep it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i have the same one and its perfectly fine and would buy another.. the only thing is keep it free of old batter on the bottom cuz it will burn.. unless you prefer to change your oil or crisco with each use. found THE best results with " fry crisp " batter mix for" fish and chicken" the temp on that thing does stay constant and regulated during your cooking time,, no worries. ive had mine for many years and it wont break to give me an excuse to buy a new one. use a strainer to rid the batter bits thats all.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
We have one without the thermostat control on it (same as yours) and it works fine. Keeps the right temperature like it says it would, and it's the same brand as your (fry daddy) Had it three yrs now and no complaints.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I have a couple 12 quart commercial grade electric fryers. If you strain the oil through a coffee filter every couple uses your oil will last a lot longer and your fried product will be better. Do it while the oil is still warm.

Mine have thermostats but I fry everything between 350 and 400 degrees. The nice thing about the thermostat is you can tell easily when the oil recovers to the right temperature after frying a large batch of something.

If it doesn't have a light to let you know when it's at the right temperature get yourself a thermometer. It really helps.

Matt

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE(ziado @ Mar 3 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I finally bought a presto fry daddy and after getting it open realized it doesn't have an adjustable thermostat. It says the proper frying temperature is automatically maintaned. How the hell does it know i want it at 375 to fry some perch? Seriously, anybody have one of these and if so hows it working out? It looks like I need to spend a little more cash to get one with a thermostat so before I did, I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Buy an Emeril deep fryer it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE(ziado @ Mar 3 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I finally bought a presto fry daddy and after getting it open realized it doesn't have an adjustable thermostat. It says the proper frying temperature is automatically maintaned. How the hell does it know i want it at 375 to fry some perch? Seriously, anybody have one of these and if so hows it working out? It looks like I need to spend a little more cash to get one with a thermostat so before I did, I thought I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Buy an Emeril Lagasi deep fryer it is worth every penny. The temperature controls are perfect. The oil strains through a spigot on the bottom. The capacity is great. You can deep fry anything. Check the web for competitive prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts