Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my year is off to a great start so far. My fuel system is contaminated with water and some solid particles and it causes the motors to die out under load and the one is intermittent at idle. Who knows the best way to clean these tanks once the fuel is out or someone that does the work for a decent price. I wouldn't mind not having to screw with it. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
A water separator filter with a fresh element will handle small quantities. Every boat should have one. The problem is that if you have a lot of water and fill the element, it will then allow the water to pass the filter and continue on to your carb or injectors. If you have a lot of water, the only real way to purify it is to remove all of the fuel from the tank(s), filter the water and contaminants out, and return the fuel to the tank(s). Dave Blaz has a rig for performing this operation. I'd suggest calling him at 586-907-1207. You probably won't get him till Monday after 7am.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 13 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A water separator filter with a fresh element will handle small quantities. Every boat should have one. The problem is that if you have a lot of water and fill the element, it will then allow the water to pass the filter and continue on to your carb or injectors. If you have a lot of water, the only real way to purify it is to remove all of the fuel from the tank(s), filter the water and contaminants out, and return the fuel to the tank(s). Dave Blaz has a rig for performing this operation. I'd suggest calling him at 586-907-1207. You probably won't get him till Monday after 7am.

I have separators, there is just way too much

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Then you should call Dave. He's done mine and it worked very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts