Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the wifey out for a little boat ride today out on Anchor Bay. She`ll get some sun and I`ll do a little `skie fishing. Full moon cycle and a beautiful day on the pond. Started off the airbase barracks at 9:15 am working weedbeds in 4 to 6 fow which had a little chop this morning. Water was clear and the weeds are really starting to take off. 71 degree water.After several fruitless passes that produced nary a strike we went to some more weedbeds between Selfridge and the Salt. Only able to land 1 largehead bass on a firetiger red eye. Some floating weeds were blowing in from the easterlies so we hit it over towards Grassy where I was able to connect with a musky that spit the red eye pretty quickly. Water was silty over near the island. The wind completely shut down and out came the gnats with a few mayflies thrown in. Worked the area over pretty good and finished off the day off the Salt river casting the beds with no success. I threw nothing but musky baits and just could not get em going. Finished up at 1:30 with the wife proclaiming, " I must have jinxed you". "No", I said thats just how it goes somtimes". But I`ll keep it up, that`s where the madness comes in. LOL. Hope everyone else did better.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Hey Zcar. You did better than me and my clients we went 0 for 0. Yesterday we did 3 of 5 and Weds. we had 1 of 2

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
muskiebobsr/Czar: Went one for two this afternoon out by the mile roads. Only fished about three hours as I got a late start. First fish hit at 1415 and the second one came about 1510. Funny how you get them in the same area. I believe they travel in packs as I consistently catch fish trolling the same area after hooking one.

Fishing 15 FOW, T3-9$Perch, wash rods, 10 and 10, water temp was 63.

Fish was mid forties and had some problems I think. Did not put up much of a fight after the innital run and came in like a log. It was a fatty. Had what looked like pox running completely down one side of it's body. Much like some of the fish that have pox but this was about one inch wide running clear from it's gill plate on back to almost it's entire lenght. I quickly gots the hooks out as I wanted it back in the water asap. It swam off pretty good but it sure did not look healthy.

Second fish came off the board, up high, 20/3, T3-WB Perch. Good run, turned for Canada and said Asta La Vista baby. Spit the lure out as I think I saw it surface when she got off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Czar, I had a rough day for Muskies on Friday too. Although at least you got one!! Pitched muskie baits from 9-4:00 with only 2 follows (near Salt River). One was a low 30" incher and one was mid 30s. Though I through a variety of baits, both follows were in the same area and both were chasing a Black Bulldawg. We fished the North Channel, Grassy, the Salt River and the point near Fairhaven. My buddy blanked for the day.

The good news for the day was that I caught the biggest smallie of my life on a super shad rap.
I'm pretty sure it went 5-6 pounds, but I'll have to wait for the pictures to see if it really looked that big. I tried to get a measurement in the water, but she got free. She was a real football, with a huge mouth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.