Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out on fletchers pond fishing laborday weekend, this d.n.r dude came up on us and started to check our licenses and life jackets and stuff . this flock of geese fly over head of us then we hear BOOM BOOM BOOM we all look up at the geese they where about 100 yrds of fthe water of course this guy misses. so the dnr dude starts laughin gives us are ids back then takes off in that direction.Later on we see him towing a pontoon boat back to lyons landing where the cops where waiting i think they even confiscated the boat. It wasnt even a duck boat it was just a standerd pontoon.... what would this guy do wrong to be treated like this ???

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
It could have been a ton of things, labot day was huntable in a lot of area's(sept 1-15) but no license, no plug, lead shot, intoxicated, he may have had illeagle game in possesion like ducks and stuff too.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I was thinking Labor Day was a long time ago. Atleast it seams like it. Your correct Chef, the season was open during that time.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I would guess that if the cops were involved it must have been more than just game laws, so the intoxicated guess may be it... especially if they were confiscating the boat - but they can do that if they were poaching too (ie ducks) I think, but I don't know if the sheriff would get involved... any way you look at it that guy must have f*gged up pretty bad!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
If they confiscated the boat and the cops were waiting they could have had some major game violations and the cops were there to arrest them and transport them to the county lockup.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this from the dnr website i guess they didnt confiscate the boat

While on marine patrol on Fletcher's Pond, CO Joe Molnar observed a flock of Canada
geese flying nearby and heard a gunshot as the geese flew over a boat. CO Molnar
contacted the vessel and found four hunters on board. The hunter who admitted to
shooting did not have his required federal waterfowl stamp, while three others had no
licenses with them, stating they left them in their wallets back at the campground. CO
Molnar followed them back to the campground to check their licenses and observed a
fish cleaning station along the way. He checked a couple filleting their catch which
included two largemouth bass. One of the bass appeared to be undersized and upon
measuring it, turned out to be more than an inch short. CO Molnar seized the bass and
ticketed the responsible person. CO Molnar finished his waterfowl investigation and
wrote tickets for their hunting violations.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Sep 29 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>this from the dnr website i guess they didnt confiscate the boat

While on marine patrol on Fletcher's Pond, CO Joe Molnar observed a flock of Canada
geese flying nearby and heard a gunshot as the geese flew over a boat. CO Molnar
contacted the vessel and found four hunters on board. The hunter who admitted to
shooting did not have his required federal waterfowl stamp, while three others had no
licenses with them, stating they left them in their wallets back at the campground. CO
Molnar followed them back to the campground to check their licenses and observed a
fish cleaning station along the way. He checked a couple filleting their catch which
included two largemouth bass. One of the bass appeared to be undersized and upon
measuring it, turned out to be more than an inch short. CO Molnar seized the bass and
ticketed the responsible person. CO Molnar finished his waterfowl investigation and

Good follow thru from your first post. Glad to see they always get their man.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Sep 29 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>this from the dnr website i guess they didnt confiscate the boat

That CO had a busy day!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It says that the CO siezed the under sized bass the people were fileting. So I have to wonder what he did with it? I have to believe he put it in the trash. Should of gave them the ticket and left them keep it.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
sounds like that CO hit the jackpot during that outing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.