Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is looking very seriously at getting a Lund walleye type boat for fishing on ST. Clair, Erie, etc. But we went looking today and for $3,500 less he can get a slightly bigger G3 with a bigger motor. Looks like a pretty nice boat, how are G3 boats regarded? Does anyone have anything to say (good, bad, indifferent) who owns one? I believe the model he was looking at was the 175C or 180C. Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
666 Posts
G3 is owed by Yamaha. I have not been on the water in them, but from what I have seen they look very nice. Lund makes a great boat, but you also pay a premium for the name. I would consider the G3 and possibly upgrade some of the electronics. For myself a mapping GPS is a must along with temperature, etc.

Bigger is better (both boat and motor) when fishing Erie and St. Clair. will not be regret a longer boat and more hp.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I've heard all 3 opinions regarding G3's.......but you'll hear good bad and indifferent about virtually every brand....but I will say this about Lunds,..
they are a VERY GOOD boat......you will hear FAR more good about those boats than you will "bad or indifferent".....3 grand is a good chunck of change,..but if you plan on keeping the boat for a long time, then I'd go for the Lund,....they are the Cadillac's of aluminum and they didn't get that reputation by cutting corners regarding quality or materials. Give Chapman's a call up in Lapeer,..they're a Lund and Starcraft dealer and they give excellent service. I use to rep Champions and Nitro's for them years ago and they sell a LOT of Lunds and Starcrafts......they know their business and they'll treat you right!!!

Mac

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been done to the g3 factory in lebenon missouri (its right across the highway from tacker) and I think that they make a great boat. I like thair mod v center consoles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts