Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I have to go to gander mountain. I am livid right now. I bought 6 carbon arrows precut to length and everything Paid over $50 for the damn things, And had a nice six point come into my stand and mill around for about an hour before He turned broadside to me and finally got to let one fly. And the arrow went about a foot over his back. I thought man I just sighted this thing in from a stand. I used my 20 yard sight. and then I proceeded to look at my string and the nock was still attached to the string. I proceeded to get down out of the tree. And go look for my arrow. found the arrow in a bunch of mud and crap. So I decided to check the rest of the arrows and I'll be damned if all five of the other arrows I could pull the nock straight out of them with my fingers. I am one dissatisfied customer right now. They had better give me something. I am pissed if they don't figure out a way to make me happy Gander Mountain will get no more of my business. No shells, no hunting, no fishing , no nothing. And also jumped A nice 10 point on the way back to my truck. And if you want the gps coordinates they are as follows :
N 42 29' 43"
W 82 41' 1"
Good luck. LOL

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Oct 1 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those Coord. Are in Lake St Clair LOL
SHHHHHHHHH Be very very quiet. LOL

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Oct 1 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those Coord. Are in Lake St Clair LOL
SHHHHHHHHH Be very very quiet. LOL

Nevermind. You should have went to Cabelas this morning? WTF

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i am also very unhappy with gander this year

1. bought a new bow for my gf on wensday was there for 2 hours waiting. Then they asked me if i could come back tommorrow and pick it up at 5;50. I showed up at 6;30 and it wasn't ready and i waited an hour before they even started helping me. After i told them bass pro would be happy to sell me a new bow. total i spent 5 hours at gander to get this bow. The guy there was even using fowl language infront of the customers.

2. My buddy's bow has been there for 6 weeks waiting on a string that they said would be in in 3 days.

3. Took her bow there last night to have a kisser button put on it and the guy who checked it in gave me a extremly hard time because i didnt have a case. When he had 10 customers waiting to check out. I ended up going to a small archery/fishing store and getting the stuff plus i bought to packs of broadheads from them while i was there

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I keep hearing nothing but bad news about people's experiences there, and I've been disappointed so many times I've been in there - their selection usually sucks (depending on what you're looking for) and sometimes the prices are just goofy. It's so close/convenient, but I walk out of there going "why do I keep going here?"...

I was looking at their guns a few weeks ago - on the used rack, they had a used SBEII marked $1,499 - I thought that seemed high for a used gun so I went to look at new ones - SAME PRICE! Also looked at a used Browning Gold Hunter - SAME THING! I asked one of their guys, he got a blank stare and said "we made a bad buy, can't change it for a while"... I'm like,

I also heard them giving a gentleman what I considered "bad advice" regarding a gun (I can't remember the specifics) - after he walked away, I went over to him and told him that I understood differently regarding what he had asked and he should get another "professional" opinion before doing what the dufus and Gander told him! I know I was a butt-inski but I couldn't take it!

OMG there's more stories the more I think about it... but I won't even go in to it! WHY CAN'T THEY OPEN A CABELA'S AT PARTRIDGE CREEK?!?!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I don't know if Ken Neely still owns KD outdoors in Waterford but if he does I would highly reccomend doing archery business with him. Long drive but I've never heard of anyone being disappointed with his service and products.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess they are trying to buy my business back but it didn't work. Here is what happened I got there walked in the door went straight to the front counter. I then told the guy that I needed to speak to a manager and he said he could help me. I promptly told him that I needed a manager and he wasn't going to be able to help me. But he insisted so I told him the whole story which started to irritate me all over again. He then asked me what I want him to do. I thought wtf do you think, give me new arrows or my money back and replace the broadhead that got screwed up because of your junk arrows. But I calmly asked him what could he do. You know what he told me. NOTHING That I had to speak to a manager. By now I am pissed. So he sends me to the archery area and says a MANAGER will be there shortly. About fifteen minutes later this goffy looking doofus comes up and says what can he help me with. So I show him the arrows. He says "What do you want me to do with those?" Now the blood is really a boiling. I sayid well I want a refund or new arrows and for you to fix the broadhead that got jacked up. You know what he says. OH MY F%^*ING GOD "You need to speak to a manager." I said I thought you are one he says no. I'll find you one. Another fifteen minutes of standing there getting more and more pissed by the minute. Finally some other doofus comes up so I tell him the story and he says do you have a receipt, I said yes. O.K. we will exchange the arrows or glue the tips back on. I said ithe tips aren't the problem it is the nocks. HE says "whatever" I ask him what about my broadheads. He says did you buy them here I said no but you sell them here. He says well we can't do anything about them. I said you know what give me my money back. And forget I ever bought anything here. He says I can't do that I can only exchange them for you or fix them. I said fine exchange them. He says will that make everything ok. I say No when I get home I will be calling the regional manager. He asks me what does he have to do to make it right. I am now getting more pissed than I have ever been in my life. I told him I already told you. Replace or repair the broadhead and exchange the arrows. The I thought about it and said you know what you figure out what you need to do to make me happy. So here was his first offer, Replace the arrows and give me a 25% off coupon good for anything in the store. I said that isn't making me any more happy than the bs he shot at me the first time. He then says ok six new arrows, and they will repair or replace the broadheads, and he will give me a 75% off one item coupon. I say ok that works for me but instead of repairing the broadheads they gave me a full package of three brand new broadheads, And I used the 75% off to get a ladder stand for a grand total of 27.56 out the door. It was a $100 stand. And they still will get no more of my business. I have been to cabelas and bass pro and dunhams and gander but no longer will I step foot into gander mountain. There piece of junk arrows cost me a deer. O.k My rant is over. Sorry you all had to go through all that but thought everyone that didn't know should know.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

I plan on using them sparingly.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Oct 1 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

I plan on using them sparingly.

same here ruined a perfectly good evening hunt. I should have just bit the bullett and went and bought new arrows so i could have been out hunting this evening.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

Return it and get something better.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Oct 1 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

I am NOT stepping foot in there stores ever again. I don't care if every store goes out of business and they are the only one left standing. I will be ordering online if that happens. Or I'll make my own whatever it is. Gander is the worst of the worst. IN MY OPINION.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Oct 1 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honestly if it had been gun season I wouldn't have thought twice. I guess the blood was boiling so much all I could think of was what can I use right now. And that was a ladder stand cause my fat butt and a climber don't agree anymore. So they shafted me again. that was there plan they got me all riled up so when they gave me my final offer I would take it and not buy anything really good. Dang those guys.

I am NOT stepping foot in there stores ever again. I don't care if every store goes out of business and they are the only one left standing. I will be ordering online if that happens. Or I'll make my own whatever it is. Gander is the worst of the worst. IN MY OPINION.

Bowtie, why don't you tell us how you really feel about Gander Mt.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Ummmm.....just a lowly opinion from a guy who owns an archery pro-shop.

Carbon arrow nocks are NOT supposed to be glued in, they are press-fit nocks and can be pulled out by hand.

Something else may possibly be the culprit, but hard to tell without seeing it.

And thanx to Islander for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts