Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Madman I got some news for you.

The American Bass Anglers tournament trail just got better.

Today the ABA anounced the following information.

American Bass Anglers is proud to announce that Gander Mountain has become a national sponsor and the official outdoor retailer of American Bass Anglers and the Collegiate Angler Scholarship Tour (CAST).

QUOTE"Sponsoring American Bass Anglers is a great move for us. These anglers are the men and women that are in our retail stores everyday and it is great to be able to sponsor them in fishing ABA tournaments," said the Retail Marketing Manager for Gander Mountain. "As we continue to expand our network of Gander Mountain Retail Outlets, we want to invite all weekend anglers to come and experience Gander Mountain and see the quality and depth of what we offer at the lowest possible prices."

You can read the entire story at this link:

Gander Mountain Joins the American Bass Angler's Sponsor Team

American Bass Anglers is the largest tournament trail in the world offering over 720 tournaments a year designed for the weekend angler and collegiate anglers. American Bass Anglers provide low cost, close to home tournaments for the weekend angler with a huge national championship the same season. For more information on American Bass Anglers visit www.americanbassanglers.com or call the weekend angler hotline toll free at 888-203-6222

-----------------------------------------------------

The ABA is getting better and better. I am excited about the direction that American Bass Anglers is heading.

Take the time to talk to me or Madman about the ABA you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
927 Posts
dave emailed it to me yesterday. thats cool and good news. they are retrofitting out an old Kmart and putting in a gander mountain in there right near my house.

now i can hit gander instead of galyans. wait, now i can hit gander AND galyans. my girlfriend is very excited

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets hope she can't sniff out those Gander reciepts as easily as those BPS reciepts......lol

Cool thing about this is that Gander M. will be handing out some 200,000 fliers a year for us. It will also make Nationals even more interesting than it already is.

The ABA is already the largest tournament trail in the world and it's only going to get bigger.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That good to hear about Gander Mountain they sponsor quite a few tournaments in Minnesota,
(Mostly Walleye) And there one of the biggest sponsors for Erie Anglers tournaments. I have not seen Galyans into to much sponsoring.
Mike
Erie Anglers

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
That's great,....congrat's.
It's always good to hear that the major sporting goods and outdoor retailers are stepping up to help out the smaller local and regional tournament groups as well as the large national trails....it's good for the sport and GREAT for the hometown anglers.

·
Registered
467 Posts
"As part of their sponsorship of ABA, Gander Mountain will sponsor a special program for ABA members..."

How about a 50% off program?

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Mark they do.

Here is the official rule and what the ABA considers a Pro.

PROFESSIONALS: Individuals who have fished two or more tournaments as a designated Professional in a Pro/Am event requiring an individual entry fee of $525 or more in the preceding six months are not eligible to fish. This rule does not apply to Amateur status anglers.

GUIDES: Individuals who are serving as a licensed guide or are paid for guiding on tournament waters within the previous 30 day period are not eligible to compete in American Bass Anglers events on that lake(s).

Basically is you havent fished 2 or more events (with an entry fee of $525 or more) in the 6 months prior to the tournament your elligible to fish.

·
Registered
927 Posts
thats a pretty leniant(sp?) no pro rule. i like it. i think we need more "pros" fishing with us. it gives us a chance to fish with the best. what better way to learn than to fish against the guys who have been there and back.

bring on the pros!!!

madman himself

·
Registered
927 Posts
depends on who you ask. now there are a few females out there that may have got the impression that i am indeed a professional angler. im not sure where they might have got that idea
. ill tell you this much, it doesnt work as good as telling them your a rock star!

madman himself

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I fished with a boy from North Carolina in a Kentucky tournament who complained he had a hard time getting 2nd dates after he'd tell the lucky lady what he did for a living. He told one young gal he was a bass tournament angler and she said, "You're a bum?!? I don't date bums!"

Maybe ABA could come up with an alternate name for bass tournament anglers? Like Piscatorial Procurement Professional... only better.

·
Registered
467 Posts
LMAO...that's pretty good Dan, but I'd drop the "Professional" part of the title and add "Engineer". From what I understand, chicks dig engineers...

·
Registered
927 Posts
chicks dig engineers?

that must be why the ladies love madman. i thought it was because i am incredibly good looking

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
LOL........Hmmmmmmmm...... I like it.

Engineer is good it brings a techincal part to the name.

My GF said you need to tell that guy he's dating the wrong chicks. She said all he has to say is "I got a TR21 Triton with a 250 Merc on it" and she will leave me for him.........lol

She said she would even consider a 522 Camanche as long as it's painted red.

Shes looking to upgrade......Man that hurts......lol

--------------------------------------------------------

Some poor guy in a Nitro drew her down on Kentucky lake at the ABA Nationals. She took a 2 hour nap woke up and still out fished him.........lol.....poor guy. She finished 3rd in the nation on the Lady Anglers trail.

My girlfriends favorite thing to do is ride around in the back of the bass boat sleeping.........whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The 'Engineer' part completes it. Now I have to remember how to spell it all for business cards...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Folks I have had both on my business cards one time or another for the better part of 20 years....neither one works. lol

You actually need to move to a different part of the country if you are in this game for the women NOTE I didnt say GOOD LOOKING women).....but anywhere they know it only means you wont be home and they will never get flowers.

Trust me that the Professional title has better working conditions, as long as you dont kill yourself with fishing shows.

Mini

·
Registered
467 Posts
QUOTEYou actually need to move to a different part of the country if you are in this game for the women NOTE I didnt say GOOD LOOKING women).....but anywhere they know it only means you wont be home and they will never get flowers.

You don't bring me flowers...
You don't sing me love songs...

Don't knock ugly women...they're nice to have around, and when they leave you...WHO CARES!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(jcheetam @ Mar 5 2004, 10:07 AM)QUOTE You actually need to move to a different part of the country if you are in this game for the women NOTE I didnt say GOOD LOOKING women).....but anywhere they know it only means you wont be home and they will never get flowers.

You don't bring me flowers...
You don't sing me love songs...

Don't knock ugly women...they're nice to have around, and when they leave you...WHO CARES!

sounds like experience talking.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts