Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Has anybody had the chance to use the Garmin 250 fishfinder and Garmin 178C gps/fishfinder? I'm thinking of purchasing them but saw that they are brand new this year and was wondering if anyone had any problems with them being that they are new to the market.

Thanks

J.D

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is my first post as a new member.

I purchased the Lowrance 19LCX w/GPS and I absolutely love it.

I have the Garmin Blue upfront and it's nice, but I like screen and the controls of the fishfinding portion of the new lowrance better...not really apples to apples because one is gps etc...

Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the Garmin 178C along with the Blue chip and have been running it since mid May without any problems. I ordered the unit with the external antanea, but got the internal one by mistake. It was a good mistake since it works fine and I didn't have to mount the external. I love it and don't know how I got along without it. Even my fishing has improved because of it!
It is easy to operate. I haven't read the instructions yet, but I am 80% there on figuring it out. One of these days I'll break donw and read them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought the Garmin 172c (no depth sounder capability, already have a SCI-TEK color fish finder) and it is an amazing piece of equipment. Having had a handheld GPS previously, getting used to the chartplotter was not too difficult, and the price is about $200.00 less than the 178C.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I run a pair of the Garmin 188s on my bass boat and could not fish w/o them. I think that that the 178C probably replaced the 188 as it is hard to find these days. Bass Pro may still carry them for around 850 bucks. Black and White, but great resolution and very accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts