Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have done some homework on Chartplotters and more or less settled on the Garmin 182C. Best price is at pyacht.com at $875. Played with one at Boatus and seems to offer easy accurate use with the chip installed. Would appreciate any feedback from current owners of the 182 or 182C. Thanks.

Bill
"Another Thousand" (so true)

·
12,052 Posts
One drawback I see is the small display. 5" diag. is kinda small. What about on of their larger ones. I have a 10" diag. chartplotter and sometimes wish I had the 14".

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That's the model I've pretty much decided to buy. I'd like a larger screen myself. I have plenty of room on the dash. The problem is that the price skyrockets when you get into the bigger ones.

G

·
Definatly the model I wanted originally, but my boat did not have the dash space, so I went with the 176C. It had the mounting bracket that worked perfect.
The 182C is a great model. That sounds like a good price, too.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Dec 30 2003, 09:35 PM)The problem is that the price skyrockets when you get into the bigger ones.
Small price to pay for your safety and the safety of your boat and crew. Nice knowing where you and everything on the lake is.

G

·
Compass & chart are a definate must to know at least the basics of. But, man it is so awesome to see yourself on the screen(especially at night) as your coming out of the tricky middle channel at night and never hit a bouy or sand island. I owe it all to the GPS. It is awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts