Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i bought a garmin 76 hand held , gps this year saw a cd with bouys and lake charts that i thought would work with it, well i bought the cheap unit , figures it doesnt,with my unit. your supposed to be able to down load maps and that from cd to gps. cant return soft ware . but it is copyable , if any one would like a copy, and could use ill burn a few figure someone may as well get some use from it . ill be at moot this weekend part of day and gull probally other part just e mail me if anyone would care for one ,

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to the Garmin Web Site, the "76" has available memory to download info... Did you purchase software compatible with the Garmin units? With the hand helds you install the program on your computer, connect your GPS to your computer with either USB or Serial Port cable and download whatever you need from the installed software... I've got a Garman Map 76 and Blue Chart. Works great. You can even connect the GPS to a laptop and take advantage of the larger screen...

·
Registered
66 Posts
There seems to be alot of folks that know alot about Garmin products out here.

I have the GPS 128 by garmin. I can't figure out how to enter cooridnates as a destination. It only seems to be able to set a course to points that I have already programed.

Does any one know if this is possible with the 128??

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
What is the name of the software you are using? I have charts on CD named Waterworld. They work with my Garnim just fine. I have a GPS 12 which doesn't show maps, only routes an waypoints. I also have a program called Nobeltec Visual GPS Planner. The charts I have cover St. Clair River, Lake St. Clair, Det. River and Lake Erie.
You are welcome to try my charts (CD's) and see if they work with your unit.
Email me if your interested.

NC_DNR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts