Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets pick a location and try to guess when gas hits three dollars a gallon this summer.

Hopefully, by doing this we can avoid that ever happening. Kinda like jinxing the system....

Lets go with Jefferson Beach across from Jacks.

My guess is June5.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
BOTH PLACES JACKS AND JEFFERSON BEACH... the weekend of Memorial Day. Right before everyone's kids get out of school. Never fails right before a holiday weekend. And won't go down until after Labor Day.

It's such a scam when we have a cold winter they increase price and say it's because we had a cold winter and supply's were down. If we have a warm winter they raise prices and say they didn't make enough profit so are cutting back on oil production.
Could be worse though damm Yankee said when he was in Holland gas was over 4 dollars a gallon.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
July 2nd... The Shell dock inside of Millers...

Hazy, didn't you say you can't stand war? Then maybe we shouldn't look to profit off of it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mid June, and it wont come down below $1.60 until this time next year.

OPEC said they like the price right where it is, and perhaps a bit higher.

Once summer is over, then you have the ramp up in price for the winter months.

The sad thing is refined gasoline isn't what's causing the rise, it's the cost of crude.

here's something to think about.

look at how fast the price goes up, then how slow it takes to come down. The stations buy the gas at $X.xx today, tehn in a week the cost to them goes up. So they raise it to make the profit off todays gas price, despite the fact it was bought at a lower price.

That's what chaffes my britches.

QUOTEOver the longer term, the expected drop in demand during the April-June quarter and quota-busting by individual OPEC members should help push prices gradually lower, analysts said.

Most OPEC members are taking advantage of the current high prices by pumping as much oil as they can. Excluding Iraq, which doesn't participate in the group's quota agreements, OPEC is already exceeding its existing target by an estimated 1.5 million barrels.

Although he foresees a short-term rise to $40 per barrel, Leo Drollas of the London-based Center for Global Energy Studies said he believed that prices would eventually fall to around $28.50 in the second quarter because producers would continue pumping oil in excess of their quotas.

John Waterlow of Wood Mackenzie Consultants in Edinburgh, Scotland, said prices would probably remain high for several weeks but could fall to $28 or less during the summer.

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it is ever $1.60 on the lake I will throw a party and cruise up to Mac Isle. I was kinda refering to prices around the lake...I guess I didn't specify...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Yo Eleven! @ Mar 31 2004, 06:03 PM)If it is ever $1.60 on the lake I will throw a party and cruise up to Mac Isle. I was kinda refering to prices around the lake...I guess I didn't specify...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Mar 31 2004, 05:00 PM)if will hit over $2.60 I will never vote for Bush
Remember Max, Bush wanted to explore for our own oil in the arctic but was stopped by the democratic side of the isle.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Man I wish it was only $3.00 a gallon, that would save me some money every weekend on the boat, or everyday in the car!

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Milord

I am confused? Where do you live? Or are you just trying to throw off the scale? Are you pulling a "super Jinx"?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Yo Eleven, I live in Canada. This morning in town gas was $3.02 a gallon for 87 octane. That means that on the water this summer it will be around $3.40.

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Milord, I feel for you. That blows....come over to the dark side....

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Think a gallon of gas is expensive?
This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 . $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ........... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 . $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 . . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .........$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?! $21.19 for WATER -
and the buyers don't even know the source.

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid Pepto Bismal or Nyquil.

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump..

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol...that was good. If only I could get her to run on water!!! The difference is that I don't go through a gallon of nyquil every mile! lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw this on the web today.

QUOTEPrices may rise even higher.

The highest price is likely to come this month or in May, near $1.83 a gallon, the EIA, the statistical and analytical arm of the U.S. Department of Energy, has said.

Using AAA survey results, California on Thursday once again had the highest price for regular gasoline in the country, at $2.12 a gallon, joined this day by Hawaii also at $2.12. South Carolina once again had the lowest, at $1.62 per gallon.

States with average prices for regular gasoline of more than $1.80 include Nevada at $2.05; Arizona at $1.91; New York at $1.87; Utah, Oregon and Idaho at $1.83; Washington at $1.82 and Connecticut at $1.81.

States with average prices for regular gasoline of less than $1.70 include Georgia and Texas at $1.64; Missouri at $1.65; Virginia at $1.66; Louisiana at $1.67; Kentucky and Tennessee at $1.68, and Mississippi and North Carolina at $1.69.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts