Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the better gas prices on Lake St Clair & the Detroit River. I'm in need a fill-up (250 gallons).

G

·
Damn, we were just at Beacon Cove today and didn't even check. I don't even think they had their gas pump open yet?

However, they are putting in a lot of boats this weekend, so I would assume the pumps will be open by next weekend.

JaabberJaws, any input?

·
12,052 Posts
I keep my boat at beacon cove and only get gas there if I have too. Last year Balfours was 50 cents a gallon cheaper. At 300 gallons thats a lot of beer

·
Registered
141 Posts
Balfors or Sassy marina. If you buy on the Clinton River you're wasting your money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Both are on the North Channell towards Algonac. If you come off of the Lake by Anchor Bay Balfors is in the no wake zone on the left right by Deckers, which also has good gas prices. Sassy's is up further towards Algonac on the left. You can't miss it ,it has two giant hockey sticks out front. Thats the Marina where we keep our boat.
Bigwake

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was asking at Sassy's today about getting gas and it felt like they didn't have the pumps working yet. I hope the do by next weekend as I came in with about 1/8 of a tank and will never make it home. I also second the Balfour / Sassy gas prices. I summer on the Clinton River and NEVER gas up there. Besides being cheaper - it's a GREAT reason to make a run. The run is more than paid for with the coin you save (at 225 gallons / fill!)!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Apr 11 2003, 09:46 PM)Damn, we were just at Beacon Cove today and didn't even check. I don't even think they had their gas pump open yet?

However, they are putting in a lot of boats this weekend, so I would assume the pumps will be open by next weekend.

JaabberJaws, any input?
I think that they will have the pumps open in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Mac & Ray's ussually has the best prices on the west end of the lake...

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Apr 15 2003, 09:55 AM)Mac & Ray's ussually has the best prices on the west end of the lake...
Yeah for garbage brokered 87 octain gas. No offense Wiz

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I used Mac and Ray gas 99% of time last summer and never had probs.
I know its 87 octane.
I may have to look in my manual again, but I am fairly certain my engine is designed for 87 octane. is 89 better in a boat?
I know that for cars, most are designed for 87, and anything above doesn't do much.

·
Registered
585 Posts
OK...I think we need to bring this back to the top since we are all filling up these days. We paid $1.98 at Michigan Harbor.

Whats some other prices around?

·
12,052 Posts
We don't use this post anymore, follow Capt'n Mikes post or look at the May 1-10. That's for current gas prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts