Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
How do you get the stains left from powerwashing the bottom of a boat and the overspray being left on the sides to stain? Some idiot at the marina washed the boat next to ours and the water spot stains are all over one side. Rubbing compound barely touches it.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Skuza,
It's really easy to get those stains out, call an attorney!
Seriously, I would try the Interlux 202 solvent. It's supposed to strip EVERYTHING off of fiberglass. (Check with someone who knows more first)
Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best thing I have ever used to clean a boat bottom is Lime Away, Toilet Bowl Cleaner. You may want to try ZUD or Bar Keepers friend. The containers recommend using the stuff for fiberglass stains. All are available at Meijer.

·
12,052 Posts
1000 grit paper, then 3M imperial compound, then 3M finessit polish.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks
Just need somethin to take these waterspot lookin stains off the sides witout dullin it up too much and without too much labor. I remember last year trying to get some of the same kinda stains off around the waterline in the front and using a wheel with micro compound. Told the marina about it so gonna see what they can do for us and make sure they dont f*&k it up worse. Wish there was something that could just wash it off. Just not lookin forward to wheeling out a whole side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts