Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sincerally yours truly your son.

...... verbatim... a note that I just found double duty taped to my computer screen when I came in from shovelling the snow.

(just thought I'd share) .....

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and the other day.... my son says to me:

"Mommy, when you get married are you going to change your last name"?

I say.. "probably, ... why... would that bother you"?

he says... "well kinda .. ya, but not really... its just that no one will know that you're my mommy then"!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and one day.. the BIG question came ...

"Mommy, how did I come out of your body"?

... thank god I had a c-section.

"well actually".. I say. (then I tried to explain the procedure)

with this horrified look on his face... he says "did they at least give you some asperin for the pain" ???

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Jan 26 2004, 10:34 PM)mine have asked me that also.

I said yes, they really didn't have a response

did you ask them how they felt?? ... I felt so guilty after...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
no, not really- prob need to
our conversation started when I got divorced and kept my married name. I kept it mainly because of the kids and for business reasons.

I think it WILL bother them if I change my name in the future, but I will worry about it when & if it happens.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jan 26 2004, 09:37 PM)and one day.. the BIG question came ...

"Mommy, how did I come out of your body"?

... thank god I had a c-section.

"well actually".. I say. (then I tried to explain the procedure)

with this horrified look on his face... he says "did they at least give you some asperin for the pain" ???
now they HAVE asked me that......

when I explain about natural child birth....the look on thier faces is priceless. (of course I gave them the age appropriate version)
the fact that I did it 3 times shows them it can't be that bad.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and one day...Cody was about 4 yrs old... while waiting forever in the driv-thru line at Mcdonalds... apparently he could sense my total frustration...

out of nowhere he says... in the sweetest of voice... "Mommy!... this is kinda like an a$$hole place isn't it?? .. totally thru me for a loop

mind you, he had no clue what he was saying, obviously out of context

... I've never heard a bad word out of his mouth but that time...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jan 26 2004, 09:47 PM)and one day...Cody was about 4 yrs old... while waiting forever in the driv-thru line at Mcdonalds... apparently he could sense my total frustration...

out of nowhere he says... in the sweetest of voice... "Mommy!... this is kinda like an a$$hole place isn't it?? .. totally thru me for a loop

boy- they say the funniest things and their timing is always right on!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another time ... he kept asking me over and over again..

for the "book of days".... I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he wanted... finally I say... explain it to me.

he says " you know, the thing that has the squares that you wrote down when my birthday is"?...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Jan 26 2004, 10:50 PM)QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jan 26 2004, 09:47 PM) and one day...Cody was about 4 yrs old... while waiting forever in the driv-thru line at Mcdonalds... apparently he could sense my total frustration...

boy- they say the funniest things and their timing is always right on!

you got to love 'em.. so priceless - lol.. at times....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
kids say the darndest things!!

my nephew asked me, 'auntie kiki, why aren't you and uncle dan married?' so i said, 'well, he hasn't asked me.' and he said, 'well, if he doesnt' soon i'll have to ask you. you're too cool to not be married.'

it made my heart smile. he's almost 4. hee hee!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 26 2004, 10:53 PM)kids say the darndest things!!

my nephew asked me, 'auntie kiki, why aren't you and uncle dan married?' so i said, 'well, he hasn't asked me.' and he said, 'well, if he doesnt' soon i'll have to ask you. you're too cool to not be married.'

awwwwww!!!!..

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 26 2004, 09:53 PM)kids say the darndest things!!

how cute CK!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
it's that strong? WOW!

hmm... is there anything i need to erase...yup yup! ( and i meant by using a mr clean pen, not a hit man!
)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.