Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting laid off for 6 weeks, starting this friday! I just don't know what I will do with all my time, NOT!!!

I will be spending a lot of time on the boat this summer thanks to GM!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Sorry about the lay off....but WOW...6 Weeks...don't get into to much trouble.

Lucky dog!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i quit my job last year, had a new one already lined up. sooo
i took the hit, i took 5 1/2 weeks off july 4 - mid aug. it was alot of fun, but no unenjoyment for me, cost me a little fortune. but it was nice !
had to quit that last job, besides they were bouncing my checks, so if i worked, i probably wouldn't have got paid anyways, they still owe me $700..... like i will ever see it, i think they went through bankruptcy again.
a terrible little build shop.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Smalls @ Jun 3 2003, 07:31 PM)Sorry about the lay off........... but 6 weeks off,that will be glorious this time of year... Enjoy!

Thanks, You know I will have fun on the boat!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
If you get too bored, my brick pavers are being delivered this Friday around 5 PM. Feel free to come on by and help me install them!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
6 weeks...unemployment...sub-pay too???? hope so.

what a luxury....hopefully NB will have little runs. I'll keep my son from banging his head again

·
12,052 Posts
Get another part time job? he-he. You going to Holiday Harbor this weekend Mike? See you there.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 3 2003, 08:44 PM)i quit my job last year, had a new one already lined up. sooo
i took the hit, i took 5 1/2 weeks off july 4 - mid aug. it was alot of fun, but no unenjoyment for me, cost me a little fortune. but it was nice !
had to quit that last job, besides they were bouncing my checks, so if i worked, i probably wouldn't have got paid anyways, they still owe me $700..... like i will ever see it, i think they went through bankruptcy again.
a terrible little build shop.
call the labor board in detroit
wages of employees are "perfected line of security" and have to be paid first, even before the lawyers <_<

he who bitches gets paid

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have a painting job and I will pay cash money 6 to 8 hours work very easy work. Call me if interested 586-491-8888
preping my house for sale captpeglegg

G

·
wow thats kind of drastic.
i heard that gm was ordering us contracters to take an extra week off unpaid. but if you took it the week before or after the shutdown you got un enjoyment.
at least you'll be comming back rite ???
i just pray they dont change their minds 5.5 weeks in & say lets make that permanant.
been hearing of pay cuts again too.
that would suck too
good luck
keith

ps i'm jobed in at design staff.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 3 2003, 10:40 PM)Get another part time job? he-he. You going to Holiday Harbor this weekend Mike? See you there.
I don't need another part time job! And yes I will be there this weekend!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 3 2003, 10:21 PM)6 weeks...unemployment...sub-pay too???? hope so.

what a luxury....hopefully NB will have little runs. I'll keep my son from banging his head again

I am only contracted to GM, NO SUB PAY!!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jun 3 2003, 07:23 PM)I am getting laid off for 6 weeks, starting this friday! I just don't know what I will do with all my time, NOT!!!

I will be spending a lot of time on the boat this summer thanks to GM!

You lucky bastad!!! j/k I'm trying to get laid off... or is it laid often??? hehe

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just enjoy your time.

Hopefully the weather will get better soon which will make those boating trips even better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts