Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a boat and don't know anyone with a boat, so I was wondering If there is any other way to get to the Island? Last year I heard that there were ferrys that took people to the Island or something like that. Please let me know.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
not to be an a$$ (but I am) but since this is your first post and you seem to be clueless about the JN I will say this

people without boats or friends with boats should stay away from JN

it's all the idiots that park on harsens island and swim (yes swim) or canoe or take a blow up raft, etc etc that make it an out of control mess that give boaters a bad name

there are plenty of other parties you can go to that aren't on the lake

sorry, but thats my opinion

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Goose, great way to welcome a Newbie on his first post. All he asked was a simple question about the Jn and you rip him a new one. Who anointed you king of the nooner.
Sorry, but thats my opinion---

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(great8 @ Jun 3 2004, 02:18 PM)Hey Goose, great way to welcome a Newbie on his first post. All he asked was a simple question about the Jn and you rip him a new one. Who anointed you king of the nooner.
Sorry, but thats my opinion---
no one annointed me, and I also preceeded my statement with a disclaimer that I am being an a$$ and and also followed up that this was merely my opinion

if you don't like my opionion, i could careless

JobbieNooner is the one event on the water that gives boaters the worst reputation, amongst the press, amongst law enforecement, amongst the general public, etc etc

it's ridiculous to make the event something that it isn't intended, it's out on an ISLAND in the MIDDLE OF THE LAKE for a reason, if it was meant to be a free for all for everyone from anywhere to attend it probably would be better off taking place inland

many people (boat owners) don't or won't attend JN cause jackass non-boaters don't know how to respect others property (ie boats) with people climbing all over the boats like they own them or are entitled to be on them cause somehow they made it out there to the island

and as for slamming a newbie, could careless, i'm sure his only intention of signing up was to find a ferry ride out to the island

G

·
Ok, Goose was a bit harsh, but sometimes reality is. It is a free country and people are free to do what they want for the most part, but going to Gull for Jobbienooner without a boat is a bad idea. Going there with a boat and little boating experience isn't much better. It's as congested a spot on the lake as you will ever see, and there are boats and people and anchor lines everywhere. It's not a good time to learn how to raft up or set an anchor. I've had people run over my anchor line and then pull out 3" bumpers and ask if they can raft off. Ahh.. No. I can't even imagine trying to swim there or go on a small raft with the amount of boats cruising through looking for a spot to anchor, and not for people in the water.

Back to the question: I don't have a boat and don't know anyone with a boat, so I was wondering If there is any other way to get to the Island?

No, not really. There's been a helicopter there in the past, but I don't think that's feasible.

·
Registered
206 Posts
MY real point was that this is no way to treat a Newbie. You were one once. And, I don't think he was looking for a ride to the JN. Probably just curious. WELCOME TO THE LSCN CROWBAR69.

G

·
Welcome Crowbar!

Here is my opinion on JN: I have fun at JN, but I have more fun out in the Bay on a regular weekend. If Jobbie never happened again, I would not loose a seconds sleep because I know we would still be partying out on the lake. It is out of control on that little island.

Crowbar, If you want to be introduced to a great time on LSC, hang around on this board and you will become friends with some great people and next thing you know you will get a chance to get out there and have fun.

Goose is right on a couple points w/ the non boaters. Starting to see more and more fights from those folks out there. I guess that is gonna happen when you put 8000 people on a 4 acre island?

Sincerely,
CONVINCOR

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(great8 @ Jun 3 2004, 04:44 PM)MY real point was that this is no way to treat a Newbie. You were one once. And, I don't think he was looking for a ride to the JN. Probably just curious. WELCOME TO THE LSCN CROWBAR69.
sorry, your right, i was a newbie at one time

but........

there was no one here but the captains to give me crap when I was a newbie

9 days til my 4 year LSCN anniversary, hard to believe I survived this long

it's on a saturday and I'm throwing a HUGE 4 year anniversay party at the MOOT that day, bring your boats, your beer, your beads and it will be a party...........

·
Registered
85 Posts
Alright I've got a place (and a boat) on Harsen's Island, off the Middle Channel to be exact. What exactly is jobbie nooner? It's sounds like way to many people for my liking. I would rather be fishing, but I have never even heard of this in the 25 years I have been alive.

·
Registered
349 Posts
QUOTE(Coolwater @ Jun 3 2004, 07:41 PM)Alright I've got a place (and a boat) on Harsen's Island, off the Middle Channel to be exact. What exactly is jobbie nooner? It's sounds like way to many people for my liking. I would rather be fishing, but I have never even heard of this in the 25 years I have been alive.
QUOTEIt's sounds like way to many people for my liking.

Ive been thinking it might be a really fun time. However, the more I here from the members the less I think I want to be there.

Im with you coolwater

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
like convincor said above, a regular weekend in the bay is much more fun than jn. that is my opinion!

i heard all these great stories about jn. i think it's pretty tame. in my opinion, not worth a vacation day...maybe a sick (cough cough sneeze) day.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome Crowbar,
I am a newbie also,but I have
lived and have been boating in Algonac for 20 years.
JN is getting to be alot of work !! You can have just
as much fun in the bay's around Gull Island as JN.

Everyweekend people raft off each other and party.
You could damm near walk out there. I advise you
not to do this but since the gas prices are so high
Some people wait a Walkers landing and offer money
to boaters for a ride. I have turned down alot.

Any how welcome and there are alot of used boats
out there for less then $10,000 take a safety
boaters class and buy a boat and join the fun.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
There is no reason to slam Goose, he mearly stated his opinion and in my view it is the correct one. The post was asking a question and it was answered. And yes I was a newbie once also, and I would have not have been offended by Gooses response in fact an honest ranswer is the best one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts