Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm straining my brain to think of a good gift to give to my brother at his wedding shower. It's pretty tough because..
- he's building his own house, so tools are out of the question
- I don't know what the décor of the house will be… it's all studs and plywood right now!
- he doesn't golf, he hunts and fishes on occasion, but not a real big sports fan

Any ideas?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Can you give us a price range?

·
Registered
714 Posts
A cool wine rack that sits on the counter or attaches to a wall.(And of course some good wine to go with it)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
when my brother got married someone gave him one of those kerosine heaters like at the tiki bar at tin fish. He got a ton of use out of it during those fall time outdoor parties and even during the winter parties when the garage was used as a smoking room.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yep, a price range would help.........

how about a night get away at a hotel somewhere like St. Clair Inn? or if they're too busy to get a ay for a night you could engrave a door knocker for their house or something? That way every time they saw it they'd think of you!

Hum.....guys can be so hard to buy for!! Good luck !!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price, I would say anywhere up to $200 or $250.

I like the 'night out' idea. They haven't had much time or fund for that, with the house being built and all....

Also like the knocker idea, but I don't really know what type of hardware he's going to have.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i was at sam's club the other day and they had a REALLY COOL wine cooler (not the kind you drink,snow) that has the clear glass door on it and room for about 8-9 rows of 4 wine bottles each. it's pretty unique and i think it was $249.

they also had a kegerator for about $598!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Get him a fast get-away car and have it there BEFORE the wedding.

The leading cause of divorce in America today is.....

MARRIAGE

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How about a Jager machine! Rob said he paid $299 for his:

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
hmm...does he have a barbeque? Thats a very 'manly' gift

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Does he like to drink beer? Theres a great beer of the month club, you get different beers from around the world sent to your house for a year. May be interesting.
www.1-800-beer.com or www.beveragebistro.com. Getting him a great set of beer glasses to go with it may be a nice touch.

or he could probably use a nice massage lady to come over and do some work on him since he is in the middle of building a house, you could get him a couple of gift certificates.

or there are some great websites that send fresh maine lobster to your door, you can also have them send like surf and turf dinners with wine, clam chowder, filets, etc. Very original if you ask me!
www.bestofnewengland.com

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Apr 28 2004, 09:52 AM)I'm straining my brain to think of a good gift to give to my brother at his wedding shower. It's pretty tough because..
- he's building his own house, so tools are out of the question
- I don't know what the décor of the house will be… it's all studs and plywood right now!
- he doesn't golf, he hunts and fishes on occasion, but not a real big sports fan

Any ideas?
The answer is in your question get him a builders square or Lowes gift certificate. When you are building a house you always need stuff from there. Even after you move in.

You can always take him back one last time to the titty bar

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Apr 28 2004, 12:19 PM)The answer is in your question get him a builders square or Lowes gift certificate.
Builder's Square went out of business like 5 years ago, so don't get him one from there!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Something more personal... How about boxers?

Ok call mom find out his shoe size and get him a pair of really nice dress shoes that he can wear on his wedding night cuz I always hear guyes comlaining about the "uncomfortable" ones that came with the tux rental.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
For $250.00 you could get him about 3 hours of therapy with a psychiatrist. (My neighbor is one so if you need a referral...)

I got a pair of silver cuff links with my initials engraved in them. Pretty simple, pretty elegant. I like them because I don't wear them often, but when I do I always think of the gift giver.
I don't think they cost too much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts