Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the channel 1/2 way out to the island in 5 - 6.5' of water. Spikes and Waxworms on a chartreuse and orange firetiger rocker from Mark's Custom tackle. Ended up with 8 over 8" and had around 30 throwbacks (dink redears and perch). 2 lb test was the key, anything in 4 lb they were not interested - same reel and set-up. A lot of thick, and i mean broad shouldered gills going thru the hole but the monsters were not interested. Crappie, perch, Gills, LMB and SMB, and Pike down the hole. Fishing could have been better but the fish were there. Already cleaned and eaten and i still prefer to clean 50 perch over 8 gills. I miss those days

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(reel_crazy @ Jan 9 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished the channel 1/2 way out to the island in 5 - 6.5' of water. Spikes and Waxworms on a chartreuse and orange firetiger rocker from Mark's Custom tackle. Ended up with 8 over 8" and had around 30 throwbacks (dink redears and perch). 2 lb test was the key, anything in 4 lb they were not interested - same reel and set-up. A lot of thick, and i mean broad shouldered gills going thru the hole but the monsters were not interested. Crappie, perch, Gills, LMB and SMB, and Pike down the hole. Fishing could have been better but the fish were there. Already cleaned and eaten and i still prefer to clean 50 perch over 8 gills. I miss those days
wow, you have any pics?? I was out there from 8-5 & cought about 25 dinks & no keepers... Was using teardrops & swedish pimples
tipped with mousies, spikes, wigglers... Only were hitting wigglers with a chartrous color teardrop. Seen big perch but they wanted nothin do do with my bait.. Talked to at least 8 shanties in the lake between the island and canal & was getting the same report as mine. Dinks dinks dinks... I guess I should stop by MARKS CUSTOM TACKLE For those hot rockers cause GANDER MOUNTAIN & dicks just aint cutting it... HOW BOUT THOSE PICS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.