Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i also stopped @ gino's. it seems they put a whole bunch of concrete and steel rebar right in the launching area. i'm not sure if they plan on removing the stuff. or do we have to navigate around all that junk?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
One thing's for sure, I certainly wouldn't give them a dime to park there unless they removed that hazardous pile. Of course, their plan might be to not allow parking and access anymore...Anyone think that might be the case?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Dec 13 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like someone used it as their own dumpster???
They have been doing construction all summer i just think it is left over stuff.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Dec 13 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One thing's for sure, I certainly wouldn't give them a dime to park there unless they removed that hazardous pile. Of course, their plan might be to not allow parking and access anymore...Anyone think that might be the case?
Ummmm.....yes. Looks that way to me right now.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Dec 13 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One thing's for sure, I certainly wouldn't give them a dime to park there unless they removed that hazardous pile. Of course, their plan might be to not allow parking and access anymore...Anyone think that might be the case?

From the looks of the new curb that was put in it doesn't look that way. The curb curves toward the water like they intend to have an access there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(Mr Pike @ Dec 13 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a meeting there this Wednesday. I will find out whats goin on and post it.

Ok guys here is what i was told at the meeting at Ginos tonight. There will be ice access and parking for the winter season. A one time fee of $35.00 for a vehicle pass for the season. $25.00 if you are a Lake St Clair Walleye Association member. The passes have not been printed up yet as of tonight. Frank ( whoever that is ) is calling me and several others who signed up this week to answer any questions regarding where,when and how to get them. The pile of sh#t thats in the way i was told will be moved. When he calls me, i will offer to help move said pile. I wish i had more details. I will post again when i know more. I hope its (SOON). Ice is gettin here quick. Also our annual L.S.C.W.A. Kids Ice Fishing Outing is open to " ANYONE " who has kids. Jan 31st 9:00am-2:00 pm at Ginos.

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(Mr Pike @ Dec 16 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mr Pike @ Dec 13 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a meeting there this Wednesday. I will find out whats goin on and post it.

Ok guys here is what i was told at the meeting at Ginos tonight. There will be ice access and parking for the winter season. A one time fee of $35.00 for a vehicle pass for the season. $25.00 if you are a Lake St Clair Walleye Association member. The passes have not been printed up yet as of tonight. Frank ( whoever that is ) is calling me and several others who signed up this week to answer any questions regarding where,when and how to get them. The pile of sh#t thats in the way i was told will be moved. When he calls me, i will offer to help move said pile. I wish i had more details. I will post again when i know more. I hope its (SOON). Ice is gettin here quick. Also our annual L.S.C.W.A. Kids Ice Fishing Outing is open to " ANYONE " who has kids. Jan 31st 9:00am-2:00 pm at Ginos.

Oh i forgot ,we do need shantys if your goin to the kids outing. Last year we had over 400 kids......Yea i said ( OVER) 400 kids. Its a good time. Hope you can make it. And bring a shanty or something L.O.L.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I do not understand why people are getting upset about this issue.It is there property they can put what ever debris they want to there.And yes they do charge to park there and the simple solution is to go park somewhere else if you do not like the conditions and from the messes that I seen some of them PIGS leave in the parking lot last year I personally would charge more to park or cut out parking all together.

·
Registered
744 Posts
$35 bucks isn't that bad for the guys who walk out, and fish alot. I bet I spent more than that to park there last year! But I have my 3 wheeler too, so I will be parking in Crocker Launch and riding around.

·
Registered
68 Posts
35$ seems high. You know the global warming is going to get rid of the ice.

Are they still going have a daily charge. I am lucky to go ice fishing a couple times a year. And as being newly unemployed 35 dollars is not affordable. I would take my kids out when the bite was on and it looked like a city on the ice.

I can see the 35$ for the hard core ice fishing who go out several times a week, but what about us novices.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
This is not the only place to get on the ice. If you don't want to pay then don't go there. Anglers Point has nice access right to the lake. Jerry may even have an ice taxi.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts