Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Good party, good food, plenty of Jager, you gotta like that! I would have liked more danceable music and the ability to run a tab without having to go out to the main bar. It was great to meet everyone. I know I'll forget all the names though..... time to call Betty Ford!

·
Registered
605 Posts
lets rent a hall ,and do it are self next year .me and sunshine had a great time .but something was missing .
i doint blam you mike .

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I was disappointed with Gino's. They didn't seem organized at all, the bartenders took FOREVER to get drinks, at midnight no count down for New Year's Eve (people were standing around not realizing it was midnight and then were like "oh yeah happy new year"), the discount drinks well they didn't honor it (budlight in a can).

At least I was with a bunch of my friends and we did make the best of it.
I sure hope the owners of Gino's learned "what not to do" and improve for future occasions. If this was their first big party, it sure did show. They have their work cut out for them if they want to be compariable to Jack's, Ernie's, and the old Garwoods.
My 2 cents

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I think some of us should apolagize to Rob, Not for what we post in this thread but for how he had to spend a good portion of his NYE listening to us vent. We officially have a grudge against Ginos, But I beleive Rob got the worst of it. I learned in my anger managment class that this is whats called displaced anger.

Anywhoooo I have attended just about every LSCN party or function since I joined many mooons ago. Ill be the first to say theyve all been awesome Rob as well as the rest of the Captains have done a superb job in throwing awesome parties. After canvasing the Peeps for leads and doing a little detective work. Ive learned that the owners of Ginos sold a lot ot tickets b4 they decided to up the prices on drinks. Rob, and the the rest of the Captains as well as CK have always done their best to accomidate us, but techniquelly they cant predict the future or what the owners of bars are going to do either.

Thank you Rob. Thank you LSCN. I still had a good time and Im very much looking forward to the next party.

Whawhoooo! Happy FN New Year.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
As for Ginos well. Their lucky I won my tickets cuz if it cost me $80 for us to enter that circus. I would have treated them worse then Tracker! Real Bar owners have a good relationships with their Patrons. I love grandmas as much as the next guy. But they should be playing shuffle board in Flo or baking cookies-NOT POURING DRINKS OR BARTENDING!! She F-ed up my order twice, Im not nit picking but 2 of my drinks had little or NO RUM in them. Focker was absolutly right Ginos staff butchered that party if it wasnt for the companionship my fellow Peeps brought to the table our NYE would have really sucked.

How ever I wont let this set back stop me from attending LSCN functions in the future. The LSCN staff rules and the Peeps really know how to party! See you at Jacks if I dont see you sooner at TnTs.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
well...

i was disappointed in the food. it was subpar for the price they asked. i was disappointed that they changed the drink prices, but they were tolerable. the wade band needs a new pa system. jocaine was cool, but they almost missed the new year...no wait, the countdown was missed. they were highly unorganized. there was not enough seating. they didn't accomodate mongo's reservations. but yes, we were amongst friends to make it bearable.

the most heinous part was when the owners blamed everything on capt rob. they lied, and they walked away mid conversation. very cowardly and very unprofessional.
in that, i am most disappointed and disgusted.

i'm sure rob will work it out with the owner and will make ammends. hopefully the owners will realize what they did wrong and take it as constructive critisizm.

i also heard a rumor that gino's isn't doing remodeling as they have said. any comment?

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeh gino's can stick it ware the sun don't shine .last time i well go there .they f$$kup big time .we don't nead them, they nead us .

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I will refrain from posting negative comments about the whole evening. I will post that I did enjoy my time there with my friends and a big thank you to Capt Rob and Mongo for putting it all together.

I did return for midnight and had a great time while I was there.

But I gotta tell you that band at Murphy's was pretty darn good!

A big thanks to Bill and Mary for allowing us to crash the after party....now that was a great time (other than getting coldcocked by delsolcruz
)....plenty of Jack
AWESOME sound....

Mini

·
Registered
741 Posts
If it wasn't for the great people of LSCN it could have been much much more worse than it was!!!
The List of Gino's F-Ups!!!
- Drink Specials? - Just a lie to get us in the door then screw us. When I questioned both owners at the same time the younger owner said that it was "F#ckin Rob's Fault." At that point I informed them that it was there fault and to stop pointing the finger at other people. Furthermore, the flyer with the drink specials was posted and handed out at Gino's and that they were now committing false advertising. They both refused to negotiate anything and both ran away from me like scared [email protected]#sys. Mongo was there for the entire conversation.
- The rumor of Kid Rock and Uncle Cracker just to hype the party. Liars!!!
- Short Staffed - Could not keep up with the orders of drinks.
- Very Poor Organization - Not Enough Seats, Not Seating LSCN Member Together, Not Calling Tables In Order To Eat, Didn't Turn Fans On Untill That Crappy Second Band Came On (the smoke was terrible), Refused Open Up A Window For Ventilation, Not Enough Food (Crappy Food), Etc, Etc and Etc.
- No Dance Music - The first band was new together and didn't sound well. The second band also sucked but they thought they where so cool because they brought groopies. And the DJ couldn't play a good song all nite if his life depended on it.
- Someone Forgot There Watch! - No real count down to New Years and the time was a few minutes off.

Maybe The Problem Solvers, Local Newspapers, The Real Detroiter (Where They Advertised The Party), Metro Time and Etc. Should Be Informed!!!! Or mybe even a joint action law suit would change there tune. Futhermore, we should reject them as sponsors, never go into Gino's again and spread the word how bad they are.

These are mostly my thoughts and some of yours and
Thank You For Your Time!!!
BRA!!!

PS - Sorry for the f-uped spellin' and gammer. My secretary wasn't around.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
First off, I am so sorry I missed my main peeps for new years. i was at a house party, was on my way to ginos, i called a few peeps that were at ginos, they all told me to stay where i was at, cause well, you know why .
so i did and eventually, i felt ill again anyways. i was sick again nye's but made the best of it.

as far as the captains, rob, mike, mongo chris, they poor there hearts into this site for us, and do their best. and if there was anything that Gino's was subpar on, I am sure they feel terrible.
I feel so bad for the captains cause I am sure they are feeling terrible about this situation.

Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LSCN FAMILY !

So whens everyone getting together and going to get pictures af a group goose, I mean Group Moon of Ginos ? LOL !

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jan 2 2004, 09:16 PM)I will refrain from posting negative comments about the whole evening. I will post that I did enjoy my time there with my friends and a big thank you to Capt Rob and Mongo for putting it all together.

I did return for midnight and had a great time while I was there.

But I gotta tell you that band at Murphy's was pretty darn good!

A big thanks to Bill and Mary for allowing us to crash the after party....now that was a great time (other than getting coldcocked by delsolcruz
)....plenty of Jack
AWESOME sound....

Mini
Mini you got off easy, I would have taken the hit over the bite. She latched on to my arm pretty good. I know people get the munchies after binge drinking all day but thats what OPA is for. There is still a weird bruise on my arm.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jan 2 2004, 09:16 PM)I will refrain from posting negative comments about the whole evening.
No need to hold back, this is the place to post your thoughts. If there is something that wasn't already mentioned, please post it. We need to let Gino's know what was wrong (or right) about the party.

The feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(excalibur al @ Jan 2 2004, 09:15 PM)lets rent a hall ,and do it are self next year .me and sunshine had a great time .but something was missing .
i doint blam you mike .
we tried that a couple of times at HCN, but ended up in hot water. THOSE parties were definately the bomb though.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
KILL
KILL
KILL

Wetbar, I think they should make it up to us b4 we completly give up on them. Perhaps a private party for LSCN, where they give us dollar beers and two dollar well drinks. You know what screw it. F-em they screwed up my order right at the bar cuz the grandma was to old to hear or something also twice, FN TWICE I spent the $4.50 on a rum and coke and could barely taste the rum.

One more thing, not sure if the prices varied from bar to bar but they were going up as the night progressed. Beers went from 3.00 to 3.50. Thats a long ways from $2.

Once again, I harbor no negative feelings towards the Captains, theyve created the board and we the Peeps are slowly taking over the lake. If Ginos doesnt accomidate us in one way or another, their reputaion in the boating community will be shot.

That bar left a bad taste in my mouth worse then the taste you get when you purchase a over priced under poorded drink.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(excalibur al @ Jan 2 2004, 09:47 PM)eddy im not mad at the captains .I LOVE YOU PEEPS it 's gino's im mad at .but i had a great time .LSCN
rocks .
owe i know that uncle all ! i mean excalibur al !

Happy New Year to ya !

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well it's just about all been said but...
I can't believe a business would sell tickets and then think it's OK to change the price???
I just can't forgive the fact that Gino's didn't "make it right" while the party was going on. All they had to do was give us our drink specials "at the party". But no - they tried to blame others. People were given our flyer when they bought their tickets that have nothing to do with LSCN and they were also mad about no drink specials. What kind of business changes the price when you show up? I don't see how they can make it right?

I'd like to see our $40 / ticket come back to us.

People in the bathroom were mentioning that it took over an hour to get paper towel in the ladies room. Then the toilets were out of toilet paper - then people were asking us to flush the toilet one at a time because there was no water pressure.

Again - like I told Capt Rob at the party - all these problems are not YOUR problems. You hired them in good faith and Gino's didn't keep up on their end of the bargain. Mongo and the Captains always do a great job - you had no way of knowing Gino's was so incompetent.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
FIRST AND FOREMOST: NO ONE IS MAD AT THE CAPTAINS WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't even know where that got started. if anything, all the peeps are BEHIND the captains! so please, stop saying 'dont' blame the captains.' nobody is.

and thanks capt rob, mongo and crew for putting it together. i know you guys'll work something out so they can make it right for us.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.