Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Drilled a hole at 8 am and never moved. Could not use 2 rods. Called a buddy over at 11 am to help clean up and we ended up with 73 fish that were 9" and over. I switched between two lures all day - a teardrop with 2 spikes, and a 2" silver soon with a red Atlas egg.

Gave my buddy 50, and I brought home 23. The three biggest ones that ended up with me were 11, 11.5, and 12". I know we had several over 10 and a couple more 11s that went home with my buddy. Threw back at least a 100 fish that were honest 8"ers.

I was pretty much out there with everyone else, though I was about as far out as anyone else was.

My guess is 8 fow. I could make out the bottom in the afternoon after the sun got really high. Hope everyone else did well. I would bet for $20 that there were 400 shanties out there.

23 turns of the auger, whatever that is....maybe 8-10" of ice?

Food Kitchen utensil Ingredient Plant Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Three of the bigger fish that went home with me - 11, 11.5, and 12"

All fish were completely empty of any type of food source, which explains why they were so hot today.

Food Seafood Fish Ray-finned fish Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(SteelheadGeorge @ Jan 16 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanx for the report im definetly going to ginos tommorow i havnt been ice fishing for a week got sick of catching 30 blue gills and 10 perch lol how much are they charging for parking there now

$3 weekdays and $5 weekends I believe.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(wolfeman @ Jan 16 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where were you fishin at ginos? How far out?

I think I was a little north and out as far as the pack was.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Jan 17 2010, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks like some honest 8"ers in the tub. congrats on the good day fella.

On the cleaning board, 1 fish was an 8"er that died from a swallowed jig in its gill, and there are (2) 8.5"ers that my buddy kept from early in the day that were dead and could not be tossed back. Good eye. Next time I'll try to remember to put a knife or scooper or something in the tub with the fish to show some size reference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts