Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out on the ice before daylight. Set up at the first pressure crack, not open water. had 8" solid ice. I caught 1 nice 11" pearch and lost another 11" pearch at the hole right after getting my holes drilled. Got them both before I could get my flip open shanty open. 8 or 9 FOW. After that just got a bunch of small ones.

I noticed a lot of guys walking out a lot further than me after I was set up, but I did not go out farther. I stayed where I was because of the first two fish that hit before the sun was up.

Finally moved in closer 6 FOW around 11:30 saw a bunch of small ones no big ones, so I went home around 2:00.

A lot of people out there spread all over the place, many out far. Talked to people in the parking lot. Some claimed to have a nice catch, but when I saw their catch I could only say better luck next time. (dinks)

Good luck to all!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE(homerdave @ Jan 21 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got out on the ice before daylight. Set up at the first pressure crack, not open water. had 8" solid ice. I caught 1 nice 11" pearch and lost another 11" pearch at the hole right after getting my holes drilled. Got them both before I could get my flip open shanty open. 8 or 9 FOW. After that just got a bunch of small ones.

I noticed a lot of guys walking out a lot further than me after I was set up, but I did not go out farther. I stayed where I was because of the first two fish that hit before the sun was up.

Finally moved in closer 6 FOW around 11:30 saw a bunch of small ones no big ones, so I went home around 2:00.

A lot of people out there spread all over the place, many out far. Talked to people in the parking lot. Some claimed to have a nice catch, but when I saw their catch I could only say better luck next time. (dinks)

Good luck to all!!

hi i am new to the site and was going to try it out of genos tomorrow. I was wondering if i should bring the four wheeler or if i can just walk to get everywhere. How far out is the first pressure crack? Is the water clear or murky? What kind of bait should i bring waxies, wigglers, and minnows. Any help would be appreciated seems how i have a hour and a half drive to get there. Thanks alot

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(bassburner @ Jan 21 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(homerdave @ Jan 21 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got out on the ice before daylight. Set up at the first pressure crack, not open water. had 8" solid ice. I caught 1 nice 11" pearch and lost another 11" pearch at the hole right after getting my holes drilled. Got them both before I could get my flip open shanty open. 8 or 9 FOW. After that just got a bunch of small ones.

Good luck to all!!

hi i am new to the site and was going to try it out of genos tomorrow. I was wondering if i should bring the four wheeler or if i can just walk to get everywhere. How far out is the first pressure crack? Is the water clear or murky? What kind of bait should i bring waxies, wigglers, and minnows. Any help would be appreciated seems how i have a hour and a half drive to get there. Thanks alot

You can walk everywhere, unless you want to get there fast. You will not have to walk more than a mile (that is flat and very slick ice). Today I got the most action on live active minnows, and Jigging Rap with a minnow head on the treble hook. Very few fish on wax worms and spikes, but you never know what the fish want.

Good Luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts