Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 6. Really 5 but I kept the last little fella to make up for the big girl I lost at the hole to complete the meal. Nothing but dinks until the last hour and then minnows were the hot bait and you could not keep them off. Just north of beacons cove about lined up with the point. Ginos launch looked to washed out for a quad so I went to Crocker which was also washed out and broken up but you could sneak by on the right side. Probably last ice trip for me. Bring on the soft stuff!

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Mar 2 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got 6. Really 5 but I kept the last little fella to make up for the big girl I lost at the hole to complete the meal. Nothing but dinks until the last hour and then minnows were the hot bait and you could not keep them off. Just north of beacons cove about lined up with the point. Ginos launch looked to washed out for a quad so I went to Crocker which was also washed out and broken up but you could sneak by on the right side. Probably last ice trip for me. Bring on the soft stuff!

What type of lure did you use to catch a Miller high life? j/k j/k

·
Registered
329 Posts
the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Mar 2 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got 6. Really 5 but I kept the last little fella to make up for the big girl I lost at the hole to complete the meal. Nothing but dinks until the last hour and then minnows were the hot bait and you could not keep them off. Just north of beacons cove about lined up with the point. Ginos launch looked to washed out for a quad so I went to Crocker which was also washed out and broken up but you could sneak by on the right side. Probably last ice trip for me. Bring on the soft stuff!

Bastard!!!! I will get out one of these times!!!! Nice catch!

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(gotabigone @ Mar 3 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

one beer can does insinuate a good bender!!!!
I know I crack open a high life and take a whiff and maaaaaan I'm poooooo po'ed!!!!! (Tony could out fish me any day plastered of his a$$, blind folded, with no bait!)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Mar 3 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gotabigone @ Mar 3 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

I know I crack open a high life and take a whiff and maaaaaan I'm poooooo po'ed!!!!! (Tony could out fish me any day plastered of his a$$, blind folded, with no bait!)

My left testicle can outfish you plastered blind folded with no bait! Even IF it belongs to Stacey!

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(gotabigone @ Mar 3 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

I did see a large group to the north a bit and thought about moving over. I had the camera down the hole and saw all fish that came in. Where I was at the fishing was hot if you were keeping seven inchers but nice ones were few and far between. I only fished from 4-7pm and really did not have any takers until after 5pm although I had a lot come in the hole. I started thinking about how many more fish I could have caught over the two hours I fished had I left the beer at home and came up with the solution below. No longer need to multi-task while fishing. Both hands free for fishing while still enjoying a couple of pops. Thank you for pointing out this issue to me.
That is why this site is so great, just when you think you have it all right a third party view point such as this one is stated that allows you to rethink your program and become a better fishermen.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Mar 3 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Mar 3 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gotabigone @ Mar 3 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

My left testicle can outfish you plastered blind folded with no bait! Even IF it belongs to Stacey!

and the size of a field mouses!

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Mar 3 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gotabigone @ Mar 3 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.

I did see a large group to the north a bit and thought about moving over. I had the camera down the hole and saw all fish that came in. Where I was at the fishing was hot if you were keeping seven inchers but nice ones were few and far between. I only fished from 4-7pm and really did not have any takers until after 5pm although I had a lot come in the hole. I started thinking about how many more fish I could have caught over the two hours I fished had I left the beer at home and came up with the solution below. No longer need to multi-task while fishing. Both hands free for fishing while still enjoying a couple of pops. Thank you for pointing out this issue to me.
That is why this site is so great, just when you think you have it all right a third party view point such as this one is stated that allows you to rethink your program and become a better fishermen.

Damn I need a beer. Hey Tony, start drinkin guiness!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE(gotasmallone @ Mar 3 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.
Ah man, one Getto Gold, that's child's play. You haven't seen anything until you've fished with a few of my buddies!

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Gone Fishing @ Mar 3 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gotasmallone @ Mar 3 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fish were hot last night in that area, i bet if you drank less you woulda caught more. i was catching left and right but the bite was so soft, and yes minnows were being slaughtered.
Ah man, one Getto Gold, that's child's play. You haven't seen anything until you've fished with a few of my buddies!

Good god man!......Wish I would have been there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts