Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and hit her head. I heard that she was lifted out of the water and she was completley limp. The coast guard supposedly took her away???? Does anyone know if this is true and if so, how she is??

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well I believe most peoples account of what happens goes something like this:

Girl was parting like crazy.
Girl passes out with her eyes wide open.
Most people believe she was on "something".
Responsable people called the sheriff.
I guess there was a EMT on the boat with her.
Transported her by jet boat to walkers.
The boat she came on didn't leave cause in there words they were "partying".

This is all second hand info although I was there and did see them leave with her. I was about 3 min to late to see the whole thing go down first hand.

·
Registered
709 Posts
hmmmmm... Did not hear anything about it on Sunday but there were rumors of some serious flashing going on by a redhead on a green raft......

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Rerun.

We were walking through the gauntlet and saw the thing happen first hand ... and it would be pretty much be as you reported it.

The only thing that maybe you missed in your account was that she yakked sitting upright, and I was worried that she would potentially aspirate her vomit.

She didn't fall into the water, rather she was pulled into the water so they could clear her airway by her equally inebriated but well-intentioned friends. It took a bit of wrestling, but they got her back onto the transom of the boat. By then the crowd was gathering, and the EMT guy made himself known, and I stepped away.

She was definitely out of it, and her level of impairment would suggest to me something besides alcohol being involved, but that is speculation on my part. I was thinking maybe GHB / Ecstacy.

I do hope she is okay. Nice observation re her friends and the boat on which she arrived though. With friends line that ...

Scott.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Everything I heard was secondhand as well. I figured something did happen b/c I heard Zman stopped the music. I guess we just missed it too.

I hope she's doing okay and that it doesn't happen again out there.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
i wish there was someone who knew what actually happened, and not just heresay and speculation

was it drugs or was it alcohol poisoning

if it was drugs did she take it herself or was it slipped to her like GHB (that would not be good)

i'm an advocate of personal responsibility and lets not point fingers at everyone else and not at her

she did the drinking and/or she took the drugs *unless as i said above she was slipped something

not to justify not helping her but im not going to support the idiots who come out and have no idea how to handle their alcohol or get screwed up on drugs, i will only fill the beer bong double high, watch them drink it and cheer them on, then laugh when they are puking over the edge on the ride home

over indulgence in alcohol is a self inflicted ailment that should not be pitied....only ridiculed

that being said - good job and accolades to those who helped her out of concern for human life, even idiots like me need a helping hand sometime

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 14 2004, 12:22 AM)i wish there was someone who knew what actually happened, and not just heresay and speculation
While my story is second hand it also is a very good account. I walked up while the girl was still there. I was on the swim platform of the boat that was in comunitcation with the sheriff the whole time. Also there was someone that saw the whole thing go down and tried to help but was "sent away" by the EMT who my friend said did not look like he knew what he was doing at all. He was also the one that was told they were "partying". Both these people are members here although they don't post daily. Maybe they will chime in and give there account of what happened. So while my story is second hand I was there for the tail end of it and heard the stories of what happened only seconds after it all went down.

The common theroy of everyone that was there was it was no alcohol but was something more....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 14 2004, 12:22 AM)i will only fill the beer bong double high, watch them drink it and cheer them on, then laugh when they are puking over the edge on the ride home
Thats pretty low if some one did slip her something..

You have a beer bong ? hmm invite me over to boat next time ,,I never puke!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I talked to someone who works with her on Monday, I guess she is fine. She had alcohol and sun posioning, there was also one other thing involved but no mention of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED, YES THE WOMAN WAS ON MY BOAT, SHE WAS NOT ON ANY TYPE OF DRUGS AT ALL, SHE DRANK WAY TO MUCH IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME AND SHE DID HAVE ALCOHOL POISONING. YES THERE WAS A EMT ON SIGHT AND THE WOMAN KNEW WHAT SHE DOING.
FOR ME AND THE REST OF MY FRIENDS WE DID NOT STAY THERE TO PARTY ON-FOR MOST OF YOU THOUGHT THAT, THE ST CLAIR COUNTY SHERRIFF WAS TO COME OUT AND DO A REPORT AND THEY CALLED ABOUT 1 TO 2 AFTER AND SAID THAT WE DID NOT HAVE TO WAIT.

SO PLEASE AND OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK,

AND YES THE WOMAN IS DOING FINE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am glad to hear that she is alright. Isn't it funny how the "grapevine" works? My how the story gets twisted. I was right there and she was simply "waisted". I am sure there was some sort of other additive but who cares? I just wish that the true "boaters" and or captains would step up and stop bringing "rookies" to our party. Now there is going to be Sheriff's and Coast Guard all over our controlled rages! I guess we have this once a year, hopefully this will be the last.

It surely was a terrible thing on that captain's part not leaving the line immediately, she could have died. I won't be on that guys boat anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Kelly1 @ Jul 14 2004, 10:07 AM)Isn't it funny how the "grapevine" works? My how the story gets twisted. I was right there and she was simply "waisted". I am sure there was some sort of other additive but who cares?
What part of the story is wrong?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The combinbation of sun, booze and lack of food can be quick. I hope she feels better.

Thanks for chiming in 35 and setting the record straight.

Mini

·
Registered
45 Posts
AND YES I DID LEAVE THE LINE, I LEFT MY BOAT BEHIND WHILE I WAS ON THE JET BOAT TAKING HER TO WALKERS SO THE EMS FOLKS COULD TAKE CARE OF HER.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 14 2004, 09:09 AM)QUOTE(Kelly1 @ Jul 14 2004, 10:07 AM) Isn't it funny how the "grapevine" works? My how the story gets twisted. I was right there and she was simply "waisted". I am sure there was some sort of other additive but who cares?
What part of the story is wrong?
LOL, she's referring to my account. The story I heard was completley wrong. I am glad you guys did set the record straight and put an end to the rumors.

I agree...sun, drinks, lack of food, and running around catch up to you fast. We had our friend out there for the first time the weekend of the 4th. He was bombed almost instantly! Next time this happens to people on your boat, do what I did. I made him get out of the water and took his beer. I emptied his beer and filled it up with water. I cut him off from beer too. He felt fine the next day and was ready to party again!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
In the end the important thing is the girl is ok.

Thanks for the first hand account 35 fountain. I'm glad to hear you went with her to walkers that was the right thing to do. I'm not sure who said the "were partying" line. My friend who the line was said to thought it was the owner of the boat or someone with him. Maybe it was just some loser bystandard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts