Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Sunday in the moot rafter with a number of Sand Pointe boats. We left late evening and got a call from After Midnight (Sam) on the radio, there was an offshore that took a sharp turn on the middle channel and a girl flew out. The boat kept going. He stopped and threw his life ring and pulled her out. Other boats were going by. The boat finally realized they lost someone and went back to get her. Luckily she was fine. She thanked Sam for saving her as she thought she would drown.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Maybe it was his wife, and he was trying to...

Ah, never mind.
(j/k!!!)

Seriously, WTG After Midnight! Tragedy averted!!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Way to go Sam!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Nice job! I still can't believe someone would lose someone off of their boat and not immediately realize it. Also, its no wake in front of Brown's (over 26'). How did they get going that fast to toss someone?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I heard that on the radio it's a good thing someone was right there.

Around 7:30 the same evening I heard a guy on the radio call the sheriff from Strawberry Island to report an overdue person. It sounded like his wife went for a swim toward the island and then never returned.

The sheriff said they had picked up a woman about 45 minutes earlier and took her to Deckers where she called someone to take her home.

How do people lose track of their passengers so easily?

Matt

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Aug 17 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job! I still can't believe someone would lose someone off of their boat and not immediately realize it. Also, its no wake in front of Brown's (over 26'). How did they get going that fast to toss someone?

QUOTE(tcg @ Aug 17 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that on the radio it's a good thing someone was right there.

Around 7:30 the same evening I heard a guy on the radio call the sheriff from Strawberry Island to report an overdue person. It sounded like his wife went for a swim toward the island and then never returned.

The sheriff said they had picked up a woman about 45 minutes earlier and took her to Deckers where she called someone to take her home.

Matt

To answer both questions:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Aug 17 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Aug 17 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job! I still can't believe someone would lose someone off of their boat and not immediately realize it. Also, its no wake in front of Brown's (over 26'). How did they get going that fast to toss someone?

QUOTE(tcg @ Aug 17 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that on the radio it's a good thing someone was right there.

Matt

To answer both questions:

Here's a good one involving that stuff. This was Saturday afternoon around 4:30 near Strawberry Island Goose Bay. This could have been much worse.

Matt

Also on the scanner page.
View attachment 8_15_09_hit_and_run.mp3

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts