Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll let her tell the story....but basically she got laid off today from American Axle after 8 years. But hopefully a caring sweet person said he would get her a job at his company in a couple months, so hopefully that will come through Mr. T!!
We're counting on you!
So now she gets to hang out with her sis and drink wine during the week since she doesn't have to work, workout and get a hot body for Summer, and ohh maybe babysit like she always said she would!!

Hang in there sis, this could be a good thing in the long run!! And don't feel to bad the majority of people we know have been laid off at one time or another!!

XOX

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE (Robynator @ Feb 20 2004, 03:51 PM)
Well.....now that I have just joined the ranks of the unemployed & happy ......maybe a 230 million lotto winning could just make things better!!

I have worked for American A$$holes for over 8 years and I was amongst the 20 to 30 people they layed off today. I just received a promotion in January.....and I can't help but believe it was all a set up for me to get layed off!!

So.......I guess you guys will be seeing more of me at our functions since I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn....for now anyways!!

Sorry to hear that you got laided off but what a great attitude! More partying!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
economists keep saying our economy is getting better but every f'ing time I turn around more and more people I know are being laid off

That stinks Robyn - 8 years is a long time to invest to get laid off. Any prospects of them taking you in full time again or do you think this was their way of letting you go?

ps. So sorry to hear that - I'm in the same boat w/you sister and it's pretty scary for me because I have the kids and the mortgage and other bills too. Not the kick in the teeth I needed as a fresh graduate, that's for sure

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Chin up guys, the right thing will come your/our way in due time. My prayers are with all of the LSCN for the many different situations we are surviving

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for your words of support!!

I think these lay offs are "permanent". Eventhough they call it a lay off...I think it is a nice way of saying, "SEE YA". I bellieve I was very well liked among the associates, but I don't think the ones that like you, keep your job. They have been laying off salary associates since before Christmas. It's weird....I thought it was such a good company to work for, but ever since they started this lay off crap....it seems like a pretty evil scenerio. I know company's lay people off every day, but AAM has not really given a good reason why they have layed off 60 salary people or more. But, O'well....I am not really that upset yet.....there are many more terrible things that happen to people every day. I have a great family, great friends, and I get sleep in!!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
What are you people feeling sorry for my new Buyer for?? She'll be in here as soon as I can push for the additional headcount. She has always been first on my list and we'll get her a big fat raise and 3 weeks vacation with 2 week paid shutdown for Xmas!! We've been planning this for awhile now, it just takes a little patience. I'll be out of the country all next month and we are moving into our new building.

Cheer up this will be the best thing that ever happened to you. Just ask Eddie!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
sorry to hear about jour job, that pretty much sucks... hey at least the boat is going to be in the water this year, learn how to drive it yet???

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Eddie told me he's got something for ya to do right now baaabbbbyyy!!! Of course you have to pass the initiation!!
It's Oral!!

Sorry sweetie, know you're probably not into joking too much but you are gonna be more than fine!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
just be careful working with those cut throats. or you'll be the next one proud of saving money from a guy sick at home with a brain tumor. stay sweet...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 20 2004, 04:39 PM)just be careful working with those cut throats. or you'll be the next one proud of saving money from a guy sick at home with a brain tumor. stay sweet...
Dude, the guy made 15% commission off the sale. It was a win-win! Cut some slack to someone you don't know anything about. Ain't nobody sweeter than me! Just pointing out to the world that its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
just kidding i have to deal with contractors all the time here in our plant.
i just remember your story about it. it was more fun that you bypassed a woman to do it...

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Got home a little bit ago to comfort my sweetie . . . found her on her 2nd bottle of VINO!

Just uncovered the 'tub', it's going to be an interesting evening!

I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of the ROBYNATOR on the board these days! She has me setting her all up on the home computer . . . looks like she means business!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Feb 20 2004, 05:35 PM)Got home a little bit ago to comfort my sweetie . . . found her on her 2nd bottle of VINO!

I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of the ROBYNATOR on the board these days! She has me setting her all up on the home computer . . . looks like she means business!

I'm sure it will be a interesting night! (wink wink)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Robyn. I was layed off some time ago from EDS. It sucks at first but something is always better just around the corner!! Keep up your spirit!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
you guys having a quiet night at home or is the bar open???

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Feb 20 2004, 05:35 PM)Got home a little bit ago to comfort my sweetie . . . found her on her 2nd bottle of VINO!

Soon she'll be cleanin & waxin the Instigator,

in 80 degree weather!!!!

Hang in there things will get better!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Feb 20 2004, 05:49 PM)Soon she'll be cleanin & waxin the Instigator,
I DID suggest that she'll have more time to do things around the house!!

I'm hoping the bruise will heal up by Monday . . . <_<

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 20 2004, 05:47 PM)you guys having a quiet night at home or is the bar open???
Not sure yet . . . I'll keep everyone . . . um . . . posted
as the wine is consumed!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Feb 20 2004, 05:53 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Feb 20 2004, 05:49 PM) Soon she'll be cleanin & waxin the Instigator,
I DID suggest that she'll have more time to do things around the house!!

I'm hoping the bruise will heal up by Monday . . .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts