Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not sure what you mean by glow lures but if you are talking just glow in the dark tear drops I started out the year trying them with minnows and the perch showed no interest in taking them. I have since switched over to using pink and orange and had much better luck. Still use the glow in the darks out on Union lake at night for the crappies and have had good success just haven't had any on St. Clair for the perch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info I am wondering how they will do on mullet lake going there in 2 weeks??

·
Registered
57 Posts
newman771;

I've been using lindy glow jigs for a few seasons now. I'll have to admit I first thought it was a gimic ....but I've noticed increased results, especially during the earling morning and late evening bite.

I use fat boys, genz worms, frostee's and flyers on St.Clair with
a variety of bait on them.....waxies,spikes and minnows. Some work better then others at times but right now pink/white genz worms tipped with a wax worm or few spikes is working better.

In my opinion it will outproduce and sometimes its no worse than average.

Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was on Mullet lake a couple weeks ago, one of the 1st weekends the ice was safe, and yes we tried a glow lure with minnows and got one jumbo perch in the late afternoon.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I use a camera flash to ignite those glow in the dark lure's and i'm telling you it really makes them glow.
So in the dark conditions use the camera flash and blast them babies and you'll see a difference. Oh yea close your eyes when you activate the flash.

h2o<--- just try it sometime

·
Registered
54 Posts
You need to close your eyes... That explains everything.

Actually, I use the glow teardrops as well and you're right. When it's darker out they work pretty well but are pretty useless when the sun is out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts