Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend Dana who I hired into General Motors with and he ended up being my supervisor by my choice, and also a few of you have met him on the lake because he is my fishing buddy was let go today.
They walked up to him, asked to see him, brought him down to a room, gave him an interview, walked him back up to his desk for only his personal belongings and then walked him out to his car and he had to leave the property...

WHat next????

He called me from his cell phone and it broke my heart to talk to him
knowing that he lost his job......

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that about 1000 were going to be let go

Yep, 1000 by October 1st and another 1000 by the end of the year at plants that are closing...

Tomorrow is the big day at Powertrain Headquarters...Im not as nervous as I was the last time, but I dont know why. I should probably be more nervous!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I hope this is it for a while.

A good friends boyfriend at Orion was sure he was gone but he made the cut.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Sep 22 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that about 1000 were going to be let go

Yep, 1000 by October 1st and another 1000 by the end of the year at plants that are closing...

Tomorrow is the big day at Powertrain Headquarters...Im not as nervous as I was the last time, but I dont know why. I should probably be more nervous!

You're probably too nervous about getting married to worry about a little thing like unemployment.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Sep 22 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that about 1000 were going to be let go

Several have been walked out this morning, I've been told. It's lunch time now, more this afternoon.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Sep 22 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Sep 22 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Sep 22 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard that about 1000 were going to be let go

Several have been walked out this morning, I've been told. It's lunch time now, more this afternoon.

sucks doesn't it... Hang in there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts