Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy the Mosquito nets to wear over your head and face? Thinking about the night time fishing by Metro, but the Gnats are bad there after dark and the wife wants one if she is staying out late and fishing that area with me, hell I wouldn't mind one either.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 14 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know where to buy the Mosquito nets to wear over your head and face? Thinking about the night time fishing by Metro, but the Gnats are bad there after dark and the wife wants one if she is staying out late and fishing that area with me, hell I wouldn't mind one either.
Thanks!

i dont know but i wouldnt mind having a few myself after about 1030 they are so bad i quit fishing

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I actually use my sun mask that I have on in my avatar. It's meant for sun protection, but it keeps the bugs out of your ears, nose and mouth. Still get one in your eye on occasion, but it's for sure bearable, and you don't have that huge freakin net on your head.

Google "sunclava" and you'll find them.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Aug 14 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 14 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know where to buy the Mosquito nets to wear over your head and face? Thinking about the night time fishing by Metro, but the Gnats are bad there after dark and the wife wants one if she is staying out late and fishing that area with me, hell I wouldn't mind one either.
Thanks!

i dont know but i wouldnt mind having a few myself after about 1030 they are so bad i quit fishing

Me and Jason bailed at 11 pm last week because they were so bad. The wind and temps made it perfect to stay out til 3 am, but even the OFF could not stop them.
The other day when I went out with the wife, same thing by the time it was getting dark she was like, F this Billy, time to go!

Would love to stay out till 2 or 3 am with the moonlight and get a night feeder Ski!

This is what they look like up close!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just found out Gander Mountain has them. $2.99 each. Goes over or under your hat and can be draped down over the shoulders, or they said you can tuck it in under your shirt or jacket. They have the tent net too if you want to sleep in it on your boat and pull an all nighter. Hmmmm.......? Those are $9.99

Going in a few to get mine, and some extra to sell to the guests that go out with me at night.

Thanks all for your input!!!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
OFF is completely useless against Gnats. I swear OFF attracts them & makes it much worse.

Gnats are high in protein though.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 14 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Aug 14 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 14 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know where to buy the Mosquito nets to wear over your head and face? Thinking about the night time fishing by Metro, but the Gnats are bad there after dark and the wife wants one if she is staying out late and fishing that area with me, hell I wouldn't mind one either.
Thanks!

Me and Jason bailed at 11 pm last week because they were so bad. The wind and temps made it perfect to stay out til 3 am, but even the OFF could not stop them.
The other day when I went out with the wife, same thing by the time it was getting dark she was like, F this Billy, time to go!

Would love to stay out till 2 or 3 am with the moonlight and get a night feeder Ski!

This is what they look like up close!

I plan to pick one up myself as well. I really wanted to stay out later that night too after getting my first big ski, and missing an even bigger one 30 minutes later.
Hopefully we can do that routine over again soon, only this time have some defense against the flies/gnats, and this time I get back the big one I lost.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Aug 15 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hubby and I bought those nets. Make sure you have a wide brim hat they work better.

Thanks Tami. Any recommendation on where to get those hats with wide brims?

Thanks, Bill

I got ours at bass pro They are really nice but like 25 each. Im sure you can find them at dicks or other places cheaper>
I did like bass pros because they were well made,firm and they have different sizes sm,med,lg and xl

I found this the best solution to the night fishing problem with bugs.
I tried deet, the sun mask esoxfly wears but bugs happen to still get in. I thought of those nets one day and I keep them in my boat at all times. Make sure to also buy extra nets they are cheap. Jasons elastic on his busted the first night.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Aug 15 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Aug 15 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hubby and I bought those nets. Make sure you have a wide brim hat they work better.

Thanks Tami. Any recommendation on where to get those hats with wide brims?

Thanks, Bill

I got ours at bass pro They are really nice but like 25 each. Im sure you can find them at dicks or other places cheaper>
I did like bass pros because they were well made,firm and they have different sizes sm,med,lg and xl

I found this the best solution to the night fishing problem with bugs.
I tried deet, the sun mask esoxfly wears but bugs happen to still get in. I thought of those nets one day and I keep them in my boat at all times. Make sure to also buy extra nets they are cheap. Jasons elastic on his busted the first night.

I got my brim hat from Gander for $10. They had a few in a few different sizes, but that was about 2 months ago or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.