Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
As usual.........the weather SUCKS! We delayed blast-off for almost an hour because of wind, lightning and down pours that brought flash flooding.

Jeff Mitchell and Erin Boediegheimer won with over 22 pounds of the most beautiful smallies around.

I'll have the standings posted soon as our new computer is done and I just need to run by and pick it up. Finally, a new computer. Time to retire this 386 that was updated to a 486, then to a pentium about eight years ago.

Doug

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Weather sucked?? Heck I was saying thank you to the weather Gods! You got in your car and drove to Cincinnati after we took off didn't you? It was a little shaky in the morning. We woke up with our hotel door being blown open at about 4am with the wind. I thought to myself 'great, here we go again'. But after the 1 hr blast off delay, it turned out to be an excellent day to be on the water. Doug, we all appreciate the safety call in the morning. I'll give up time for safety any day. Nice work.

Also props for getting us all out on the water early this year. I smiled when I saw the schedule, and Sandusky did not disappoint. It was a great 4 weeks of fishing (tournament & practice). Guys, if you didn't make it you really missed out. Get your butts to Sandusky, it should only get better. The smallest fish we caught in 4 weeks of fishing was 2lbs (and it was the only one).

We faired pretty well on Saturday with 19.16lbs. Amazing what you can do when you don't breakdown
. I still would have loved to see what kind of damage we could have done in the first tournament. I swear our fish were bigger 2 weeks ago. But of course I'm also a fisherman, so do you really believe me? With the water warming, I was bit surprised that our fish were not fatter and more active than the prior weeks. With the sun being out, I thought for sure the weights would go up. But the wind did lay down a bit from practice (and the week's prior), which had an effect. At least in the areas we fished. We only landed 12-15 keepers on Saturday. But all quality. I heard similar reports from others. The one thing that was evident is they were more alive. 2 weeks ago you could drag them right to the boat (like a largie). This week, with the warmer temps, they were definitely smallies on the end of your line! We were fortunate to latch onto a pattern that I don't think others were doing and rode it for 4 weeks. Our fish were in the same areas they only moved up in depth from 17'-21' to 12'-15', not surprising. We had our chance on Saturday, but just a 1-second lapse in execution cost us. We may have been able to give Jeff & Erin a scare. I dreamed of that fish all the way home! As I'm sure Mini dreamed of a muddied spot that could have been the entire way home
. But that is what makes tournament fishing what it is. If everything went as planned every time it wouldn't be a challenge.

Again if you've got the fever for smallies, head out to Sandusky. You won't be disappointed. Time to get geared up for Saginaw. Hope all you guys can make it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Alex,

We'll be back there next year for sure.

Next years plans are done already and those of you that prefer Erie (Ohio, Canada and Michigan), St. Clair, Saginaw Bay and Bays in the North that hold monster smallies, get ready.

We are also looking to add Directors for next year, I have a very specific geographicial area that I want to stay in. (See the area at the end of this note) All directors will be in place at the end of this season and will be completely in tune with the way "WE" do things. We have two different plans. So, if anyone out there has the desire to be kicked, punched and called every four letter out there, in life they call that sado masicism (spelling?) but if your still interested, give us a note and I'll fill you in. emails only with your full name and address. Looking for Canada, N. Ohio North East, North West and any of the current lakes that we hold events on. email: [email protected]

Doug

·
Registered
718 Posts
When you email the info please have it in a resume' form as some long time GNT supporters and myself will go over all the so-called applications. We want the best for the anglers.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts