Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Nascarchick @ Nov 3 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did someone say snowmobile? Can't wait for that season to start!

I here ya, I have already been researching cabin rentals in Gaylord and Newberry.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
stodge..it's only just begun. too soon to start wishing.
besides I LOVE winter. I love summer more...but winter out here is awesome.

come ride with us sometime

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Nov 3 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have been thinking about picking up some snow machines. I am not sure if I would use them much or if I should just buy an ATV. I am leaning more towards an ATV as it is more practicle.

More trails available to sleds and during the winter ATVs aren't aloud on some trail systems.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree with Shiver. ATV's don't do good in deep snow. But they both have a purpose and depends on what you enjoy the most. Used one's for sale will be out by the roads soon for sale but the price will be high because of the upcoming season. Likes Newberry for sure..stays away from Gaylord. We go alot to Luzerne (ma Deeters) Lewiston or the trails out of Rose City. Nice and quiet.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
We have a third sled we keep for a spare but we are running out of room for toys....

so, we're gonna sell it...but hub wants to go through it and make sure everything is up to snuff.
It's an oldie but a goodie...won't sell for much...have to see. oh and its a Polaris.
Rick...I will let you know BEFORE we put it up and u can have a look see if you'd like.

Snowmobiling is a GREAT SPORT and believe me..it is a sport. Ride all day and see how you feel.
I love love love LOVE trail riding...but riding on LSC is out of this world too !!!
Every weekend its a winter carnival right behind bobby mac's ! you gotta see it to believe it.

ps...rick...remind me later plz u know how old people are....we fergit shyt n stuff

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Nascarchick @ Nov 3 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree with Shiver. ATV's don't do good in deep snow. But they both have a purpose and depends on what you enjoy the most. Used one's for sale will be out by the roads soon for sale but the price will be high because of the upcoming season. Likes Newberry for sure..stays away from Gaylord. We go alot to Luzerne (ma Deeters) Lewiston or the trails out of Rose City. Nice and quiet.

that's our old stomping grounds !! excellent area to ride !

we are without a trailer at the moment...so we ride right here...but we're always on the lookout for one so we can trailer up north and ride deeeeeeeeeeep into the woods !! that's my fav !!!

Maybe we'll see you up there sometime, Nascarchick

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Nov 3 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's our old stomping grounds !! excellent area to ride !

we are without a trailer at the moment...so we ride right here...but we're always on the lookout for one so we can trailer up north and ride deeeeeeeeeeep into the woods !! that's my fav !!!

Maybe we'll see you up there sometime, Nascarchick

I can trailer for ya. Just need to take one of my sleds out and toss the third into the pickup bed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The trail head out of Rose City is not far from me but the snow doesn't accumulate in that area till late in the season. But last year there was snow there. Not many throttle jockey's in that area to throw snert (dirt and snow) in your face as they pass. lol And love Ma Deeter's burgers! Your welcome anytime Newbie when you get a trailer. Mine is only a 2 place. My son has a 2 place open but doesn't know if he wants to sell it. I do have a prob riding the lake. You lose your insurance on it once it hits the lake. GRRRR

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.