Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading to Cedar Point in August and after reading other peoples experiences decided to upgrade to the 50' wells. Power at the 50' wells is 50 amp/250 volts. We have 30amp service. Does this mean I'm springing for that $150 adapter from West Marine or is there a less expensive way?

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
If the power pole has a standard 110v outlet you could get a much cheaper 110v adapter. It all depends how much power/amps you draw.

These are still expensive but you can make one much cheaper with parts from Lowes or Home Depot.

Matt

Marinco 110A Adapter

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jul 9 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the power pole has a standard 110v outlet you could get a much cheaper 110v adapter. It all depends how much power/amps you draw.

These are still expensive but you can make one much cheaper with parts from Lowes or Home Depot.

Matt

I agree with the parts from Home Depot. For my last boat I installed a battery charger that had a standard 110v input. So I bought a yellow 20' extension cord form Home Depot for $8.99. A $16 Marinco 30 amp plug. Clipped the end of the cord and spliced it into the Marinco connector and it worked awesome. A marine cord like that would have costed $60 at West Marine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've seen 30 amp to 110 reducers at Wal Mart for 6 bucks. Wasn't looking but I'll be you can a 50 to 30 reducer as well. They had different types to male/female, female/female, etc. I'd also suggest an RV place as this is a common issue for RVers to tackle as well. Seems whenever "marine" is thrown into the equation, the price goes nuts

·
Registered
996 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Jul 9 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you don't want invest in one, they rent them at the Marina Office. I think it is like $10 a day.

Have fun; we'll be back in August too.

View attachment 63661

They do rent them, but I think (it's been a few years) there is some sort of couple hundred deposit on a credit card they require so you don't take off with it.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would have to agree with Heavy Handed about checking walmart, I have bought 30 amp-110v adapters many times for my camper. They might have a 50 amp reducer as well, for 6 bucks its worth checking out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
QUOTE(BuckHunter @ Jul 9 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would have to agree with Heavy Handed about checking walmart, I have bought 30 amp-110v adapters many times for my camper. They might have a 50 amp reducer as well, for 6 bucks its worth checking out.

You gotta love Walmart, the cause of all and solution to life's problems. ps: end of rant just trying to get laugh. lol!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought they might rent them at Cedar Point.
I tried Home Depot the other day and couldn't find a 50 amp plug. I was going to try a wholesale electric place and see if they have an adapter. I figured 50 amp isn't your average homeowner special.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE

Cedar Point has 30 to 50 amp adapters that they rent for $20 for the length of your stay.

·
Registered
491 Posts
QUOTE(raind2 @ Jul 10 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BuckHunter @ Jul 9 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would have to agree with Heavy Handed about checking walmart, I have bought 30 amp-110v adapters many times for my camper. They might have a 50 amp reducer as well, for 6 bucks its worth checking out.

You gotta love Walmart, the cause of all and solution to life's problems. ps: end of rant just trying to get laugh. lol!

I hear ya. I actually prefer Meijer but was in there looking at toys for the little one and stumbled across them. For whatever reason, no matter what store I am in for whatever purpose, if there is a sporting goods or automotive dept. I wind up over there poking around. My wife hates it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts