Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Ireland and I need fishing "tips" on how to trick the wife into letting me chase some of those monster european Pike and Perch. We're leaving Tomorrow and coming back Sunday so the trip is short but I think I have to squeeze in a few hours of fishing somewhere along the line. According to a couple articles I have read, 20+ lb pike are quite common as well as 2lb+ perch. How can I turn that down? Ive tried to talk her into it and the only responses i've gotten out of her are "keep dreaming" and "kiss my a$$". Im at a loss and i'm asking for help from fellow fisherpeople on how to talk the sig. other into a short fishing trip during a vacation weekend. Any and all help is appreciated. No matter how off the wall the suggestion is, I will try it as I am at the end of my rope here lol. Give me some excuses. Also, any suggestions as to how I can sneak the rod tube into the luggage as well would be appreciated lol. Kind of hard to hide it. Have some fun with this as I think it's going to have to be an off the wall suggestion for me to convince her. Maybe just the constant nagging and crazy excuses will get her to say "screw it just go" haha.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
first off, i hope you have a great trip, as for te wife....just deal with the reprocutions when you come home. as for when your there, its gonna be really hard to sneak a fishing pole past her. hmmm, whats that for...LOL just make it obvious, just be sure to invite her for some incredible sight-seeing, lol

thats my best guess, gl

oh and dont forget to mention the "once in a lifetime opportunity"

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I convinced my, at the time, significant other that if I could go fishing off the Kona coast of Hawaii she could spend a nice day by the pool. I did and she did. The only problem was she bought several rounds at the pool..... for the whole pool. She never said a thing. I checked out of the hotel to find a $175.00 bar tab billed to the room. And that was a long time ago. I would try to come up with a good excuse for you but based on my history with the fairer sex it would end up costing you way too much.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Can't think of any amazingly surefire tips on this one... but I'm surprised at the resistance, seems like you get to fish a bunch here at home. Is there something big going on there that she absolutely wants you to be at, or just a short sightseeing trip? I say forget packing a rod, find a local tackle place that can hook you up when you get there - did you ask your Mrs. to go fishing with you? Tell her you hope to have a "romantic rendesvous" by the lake with her - that may get you a hall pass
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(canaller @ Sep 15 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I convinced my, at the time, significant other that if I could go fishing off the Kona coast of Hawaii she could spend a nice day by the pool. I did and she did. The only problem was she bought several rounds at the pool..... for the whole pool. She never said a thing. I checked out of the hotel to find a $175.00 bar tab billed to the room. And that was a long time ago. I would try to come up with a good excuse for you but based on my history with the fairer sex it would end up costing you way too much.

aw it was probably worth it! sounds like the makings of a fun evening if she was all lit up when you got back! She gotcha good though lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
I always bring a fishing pole on vacation with me, just tell her that a true fisherman will seek fishing in different senarios and locations to fullfill his soul. Spoil the hell out of her ASAP, and just tell her that it will be an awesome experience for both of you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Sep 15 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm heading to Ireland and I need fishing "tips" on how to trick the wife into letting me chase some of those monster european Pike and Perch. We're leaving Tomorrow and coming back Sunday so the trip is short but I think I have to squeeze in a few hours of fishing somewhere along the line. According to a couple articles I have read, 20+ lb pike are quite common as well as 2lb+ perch. How can I turn that down? Ive tried to talk her into it and the only responses i've gotten out of her are "keep dreaming" and "kiss my a$$". Im at a loss and i'm asking for help from fellow fisherpeople on how to talk the sig. other into a short fishing trip during a vacation weekend. Any and all help is appreciated. No matter how off the wall the suggestion is, I will try it as I am at the end of my rope here lol. Give me some excuses. Also, any suggestions as to how I can sneak the rod tube into the luggage as well would be appreciated lol. Kind of hard to hide it. Have some fun with this as I think it's going to have to be an off the wall suggestion for me to convince her. Maybe just the constant nagging and crazy excuses will get her to say "screw it just go" haha.

Johnny just grow a pair and tell her your fishing its your vacation too!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
QUOTE(ahill4102 @ Sep 15 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(---FISHON--- @ Sep 15 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm heading to Ireland and I need fishing "tips" on how to trick the wife into letting me chase some of those monster european Pike and Perch. We're leaving Tomorrow and coming back Sunday so the trip is short but I think I have to squeeze in a few hours of fishing somewhere along the line. According to a couple articles I have read, 20+ lb pike are quite common as well as 2lb+ perch. How can I turn that down? Ive tried to talk her into it and the only responses i've gotten out of her are "keep dreaming" and "kiss my a$$". Im at a loss and i'm asking for help from fellow fisherpeople on how to talk the sig. other into a short fishing trip during a vacation weekend. Any and all help is appreciated. No matter how off the wall the suggestion is, I will try it as I am at the end of my rope here lol. Give me some excuses. Also, any suggestions as to how I can sneak the rod tube into the luggage as well would be appreciated lol. Kind of hard to hide it. Have some fun with this as I think it's going to have to be an off the wall suggestion for me to convince her. Maybe just the constant nagging and crazy excuses will get her to say "screw it just go" haha.

Johnny just grow a pair and tell her your fishing its your vacation too!

I agree with Andy!

Johnny, Your not even married and she won't let you do what you want. Could be a hint... I bet if you bring that up she will make sure you go fishing. OH Yeah, take lots of pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.