Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I am going to westland tomorrow to possible get me a new boat. I have a guy that wants to trade a 1978 21 foot starcraft islander for my boat. It has a 165 horsepower straight six cylinder chevy motor in it with a new head and rebuilt carb. The interior is in good condition with no weak spots in the floor. Comes with a dual axle trailer. Renata will be pissed when she comes back from poland and there is a different boat in the driveway. She'll get over it hahaha

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i know it will probably break down the minute i get near the water. Dang bowties. LOL

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
cmon now... lol

i read the post, its sounds like a great trade, just make sure your happy with your trade. i like your boat, my folks had 1 similar when i was a kid.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Sep 21 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its on CL alex, it says its in the backyard, so there wont be a test drive but hope he's got muffs.

here's the link, but no pics, not sure this will work, copy n paste if it doesnt.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/1383290245.html

Okay I see the add now. Its on a trailer he can take it out for a test drive. I know the boat I have now was in storage when I contacted the owner and checked it out. He was more than happy to take it out to the lake for a test drive. Then you will be able to get a feel for the boat on the water. If you don't like it just give the guy some gas money for the test drive and say sorry its just not for me. If you like it then get a marine surveyor lined up or get a surveyor lined up for the day of the test drive. Make sure you go under the boat and check it over very well. Since its a star craft check rivets make sure none are loose or missing. Look for dents. I am not trying to discourage just saying to be cautious so you don't get this boat for $2800 when its only worth $1000 or needs $5000 in work to get it where you want it. Good luck

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heading out to go take her for a ride now. Taking the bayliner with me so if it is a deal it is a go.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Well she is in my driveway right now. No spinners and no livewell yet. Wow what a trade even up a boat I paid 1200 for and I got this one even trade. She runs great motor has barely even been broke in. Less than ten hours on it. She does need some work but hey so did recession proof. It is there and ready to hit st clair, erie or whatever I want. It is a 1978 22' starcraft islander. it has a cuddy and all the cabin tarp material and poles. Has the side curtains and everything. It will have a livewell when I am done. I am thinking a livewell and a muskie recovery tank. I might have to go get some muskie equipment now.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Congrats on a great deal on a nice boat! A few years back I had a 1979 Starcraft Chieftain (same hull as yours) and it treated me very well. I have always liked the Starcrafts and the Islander is one of my favorites. Trust you have many good years and memories together.

Thought of a name yet?

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Sep 22 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well she is in my driveway right now. No spinners and no livewell yet. Wow what a trade even up a boat I paid 1200 for and I got this one even trade. She runs great motor has barely even been broke in. Less than ten hours on it. She does need some work but hey so did recession proof. It is there and ready to hit st clair, erie or whatever I want. It is a 1978 22' starcraft islander. it has a cuddy and all the cabin tarp material and poles. Has the side curtains and everything. It will have a livewell when I am done. I am thinking a livewell and a muskie recovery tank. I might have to go get some muskie equipment now.

Good deal.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the name is going to be "Big Enough" or Just The Right Size" haven't decided yet. I am going to wait for renee to get home from poland and let her help me with a name.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Sep 22 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>man i never got to go out on the recession proof and your in to your third boat

but now I have plenty of room for us to fish on this one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.