Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all going to be at munchies bay tomorrow. Meeting up with Shagnasty (mostly on fishing forum) and his family. Rafting up. Going to be out for some fun and brewskis anyone else who will be out there come on and join. You can hail Foolish Moves on channel 16. Blue and white Sea Ray Seville. Going to be tied up with a 24' Sport Cabin and some jet skis.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
We were in the neighborhood yesterday. Sorry we missed you.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 6 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We were in the neighborhood yesterday. Sorry we missed you.

It was really nice yesterday. We were at munchies from about 1 to 5. Then we were talking to some people who said go down to muskamoot for a different type of party
So we headed out there till eightish. Munchies was more family orientated. Both places were great. Might frequent the moot a little more now
. Too bad we missed ya would have been great to meet you out there.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Yes, the weather yesterday was great!

Maybe we'll run into you guys next time we head up from downriver. (shouldn't say "run into" regarding anywhere near the Moot. it's like playing on the freeway around there!
)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='Away Point' date='Jul 6 2009, 09:52 AM' post='888029']
Yes, the weather yesterday was great!

Maybe we'll run into you guys next time we head up from downriver. (shouldn't say "run into" regarding anywhere near the Moot. it's like playing on the freeway around there!
)
[/quote

It really was crazy out there yesterday. It was a mad house trying to move all the boats in the north channel by deckers. There had to be 30 boats in the no wake zone. Then gettin in to the moot was interesting too. The party was winding down when we got there though. Next time we go more prepared. We definately shouldn't run into eachother not a good idea
Plus that big boat of yours may just cut mine in half!!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
What I think is crazy are all those who left after the fireworks Saturday night!

There is no way in hell I'd choose that boat ride!!!

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 6 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What I think is crazy are all those who left after the fireworks Saturday night!

guessing you mean those that left directly after the show was over ??

otherwise...our captain, Redtail got us home safely and easily because he waited for the majority of
the other boaters to leave before we headed out.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Years ago, when they had fireworks at MetroBeach, we used to stay waaaay late for the same reason. Rather than sit there with just my Anchor light on, I used to put one of those 12" tall flourescent Coleman lanterns on top of the cabin roof to keep the non-nightboaters from crashing into me. I figured, the better lit-up I was, the smaller chance of not being seen. After the finale, it was always a bit scary as 400-500 boats all took off in different directions!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Jul 6 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 6 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What I think is crazy are all those who left after the fireworks Saturday night!

otherwise...our captain, Redtail got us home safely and easily because he waited for the majority of

That would have been a rough and dangerous ride to say the least. I would have been waiting a good long time to be leaving that show for sure

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Jul 6 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 6 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What I think is crazy are all those who left after the fireworks Saturday night!

Yes.

Wouldn't expect anything less!

Guessing you didn't me to insinuate I meant otherwise.

(J/K!!! you know how easily misunderstood text messages can be!
)

·
Registered
526 Posts
we waited until it was safe to leave and had no problem it was a better ride going home then coming to the fireworks the other night. had a great time by the way lol

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(emmettfire45 @ Jul 4 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can hail Foolish Moves on channel 16.
I think the Coast Guard would prefer you save channel 16 for distress calls. I think LSCNers are using 69 this year but I don't always "get the memo" so I could be wrong.

We left about a half hour after the fireworks ended. Just took it easy, no problems at all. Rounded the bend at the Clinton river and headed south into a beautiful moonlit night. Got a bug in my eye, that was all the excitement we had.

Oh, and Stodge was right about the paper and ashes ... the boat was trashed !!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think LSCNers are using 69 this year but I don't always "get the memo" so I could be wrong.

Is it 69 or 71? If I ever do make it out for more than an hour
I need the right one

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
69 is the one as far as I know.

The distant rumble of all the engines after the show was over was something else. I just can't imagine being part of that initial rush!
I missed it all though. Anchored about 12 hours before, and left about 14 hours after.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(emmettfire45 @ Jul 4 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can hail Foolish Moves on channel 16.
I think the Coast Guard would prefer you save channel 16 for distress calls. I think LSCNers are using 69 this year but I don't always "get the memo" so I could be wrong.

Channel 16 is used for International Distress, Safety and Calling other boats. The Coast guard has no problem with you hailing another boat on channel 16 as long as you move to a Non-Commercial channel like 68 or 69 after you contact the boat your hailing. All boats that carry a radio while not mandatory should monitor channel 16.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts