Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
QUOTE(mjkkemper @ Jul 10 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>has any watched the races from thier boat?

If so where would you watch them from?

I went a few years ago, it wasn't worth it. The Coasties have a no cross line, and its pretty far back. All i could see was the boats turning 1 corner, and their rooster tail when they went the other way. When i went there, i just made like i was heading down the Detroit river, but i couldn't get very far, just past the lake. I have heard that going to the stands and party at the rooster tail is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Depending on the weather, we're thinking of boating up just to see the F-18's. Most any spot should be good viewing for that!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was at Keans doing a refer side job when the air show started between heats. Then the coasties were hot doging the 33. Place was packed. Keans rocked but not enought to get us in a Detroit marina for our next boat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 12 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was at Keans doing a refer side job when the air show started between heats. Then the coasties were hot doging the 33. Place was packed. Keans rocked but not enought to get us in a Detroit marina for our next boat.

I watched from Keans Friday through Sunday, it was great. Lots of boats visiting, and great racing, especially Sunday. Unfortunately, there's there is not any good places to watch from your boat other than Sinbads, Keans or DYC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts