Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the douchebag I work for has finally revealed himself to be the rotten shriveled-up prick I always knew him to be and has basically told me that I will leave when he feels my replacement is ready.

So much for being a nice guy and giving plenty of notice.

My replacement starts Monday. I'm imagining a couple days at most to get the guy going on the basics. I mean I'm in Sales, it's not like I need to teach him how to do things. I need to show him how to put quotes together, how to access files and all this other BS. I'd just never go back to the F'N place, except I know if I do that, he'll try every angle to screw me; hold my last vacation pay from today (Friday), not pay me my full commissions for July, etc. Just be a nasty motherf**ker, like he normally is. Sorry to air my dirty laundy, I just have to vent about this woman-of-a-man I "used to" work for. I don't mean anything by what I say. I just hope he falls face-first into a pile of fresh feces and tastes what life is like on the other side of the fence. %&% $!! %***

Anyhoo, luckily, my new employer, whom I hope to be with for MANY years, has graciously allowed me to start one week earlier. So this means I'll have about a week and a half off with no pay and no un-enjoyment.

I'm gonna get a lot of stuff done around the house, I'm gonna spend every day with my son (something I've only been able to do sporadically before) and I might have a beer. Or two.

So who's got some time off and wants to grow a nasty, washed-up-rock-star beard with me while we get huge-n-fat (and broke) while not working??!!! You buy the beer and I'm there (if you can front me the gas $$)!!!

J/K Should be a productive couple of weeks. Around the house anyways (the boat will be in the shop most of that time - how's that for luck??!!) But if any of you are off work or hanging out during the day, call me. PM me if you don't already have my cell. Come over to my house and surprise my wife with a slacker-a-thon in the backayrd!!!
(j/k honey!!)

I'm rambling on again. Sorry. Thanks for listening to my ranting and raving.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We need someone to let the dog out all next week.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOO HOOO! Looks like I gots me a jawb!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Campari - have a yard sale when you are off work - make some extra dough and clear out some stuff from the house. You'd be surprised how much $$ you can make. ADDITIONALLY - this is something you can do WHILST drinking a beer or two.

Just a suggestion

I'll be happy to babysit the puppy next week Snow - just don't have the time to drive out to NB to let her out - but you can bring her by here. We'll love her up and take good care of her!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 19 2003, 12:04 AM)I'll be happy to babysit the puppy next week Snow - just don't have the time to drive out to NB to let her out - but you can bring her by here. We'll love her up and take good care of her!
Oh, so we'd have to drive her there every morning?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 19 2003, 12:04 AM)Campari - have a yard sale when you are off work - make some extra dough and clear out some stuff from the house. You'd be surprised how much $$ you can make. ADDITIONALLY - this is something you can do WHILST drinking a beer or two.

Just a suggestion

I'll be happy to babysit the puppy next week Snow - just don't have the time to drive out to NB to let her out - but you can bring her by here. We'll love her up and take good care of her!
Uh-oh, why do I feel like this thread's gonna merge with Pauligan's "Let's have a LSCN Garage Sale" thread (if only we could find a place for it?!?!?!?

I gotta better idea. Bring your kids over, let 'em go nuts in the backyard and we'll drink beer all day. That is unless you have one of them job things, too??!!

No garbage sale for me. I hate old-lady-stink; so I'd never work well with a bunch of them, haggling with me over .25 pre-owned under-roos!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Mid terms next week and work up the ying yang will keep me busier than I really have the desire to be
And, if I'm gonna pull a nooner, I'm gonna try to get out on the water fishing again - what a great way to spend an afternoon

BUT - what a great time of year for a week off work. Enjoy it with your little guy and our good buddy Jack Daniels

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 19 2003, 12:08 AM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 19 2003, 12:04 AM) I'll be happy to babysit the puppy next week Snow - just don't have the time to drive out to NB to let her out - but you can bring her by here. We'll love her up and take good care of her!
Oh, so we'd have to drive her there every morning?

Well yeah - that's kind of what happens when someone babysits for you - the "sittee" provides transportation to and from the "sitter"

13 & Harper - just a smidge out of the way, I know.

I'm really trying to just see the puppy and too lazy to drive out to NB (unless I'm going to the Tin Fish)

Seriously though, if you need someone, we'd LOVE to have her over here.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah for sure! Just to spend that time with him will be worth the loss of pay for that time. Who cares. We only spend so much time here, might as well spend it with the ones we love. Not the a$$holes who want to screw us out of pay...

I'm looking forward to it. I'll be done (FOREVER) with a schizophrenic, paranoid, evil a$$-of-a-boss and I'll spend some quality time with one of my favorite people on Earth. Jerry Springer.

I mean Campari Jr.!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 19 2003, 12:19 AM)Seriously though, if you need someone, we'd LOVE to have her over here.
Not if you cherish your house you wouldn't. She's in the "terrible twos" stage of puppys.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 19 2003, 12:19 AM)I'm looking forward to it. I'll be done (FOREVER) with a schizophrenic, paranoid, evil a$$-of-a-boss and I'll spend some quality time with one of my favorite people on Earth. Jerry Springer.
That sounds like the same thing some would say during their divorce.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Not to be a rotten SOB...I don't give notices. I only gave a notice once and that was once! I gave a month notice and ended up consulting for a couple of weeks after!

This came from a mom and pop shop the I enjoyed working at they were almost family to me.!

Call you new employer and let them know you can start earlier...If at al offer it tell him you want to get knowledge of the company and see if he'll start you. Shot in the dark

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
in general people suck anymore, for employers.........
last year i quit, a job long story, try to make it short, i was a quality manager
for a tooling shop, he was the biggest a$$ i have ever met, worked for ......liar, cheat, thief, pc of $hit of a person.
he fired alot of people because they did exactly what he demanded they do he was a little control freak.
anyways i watched him do this to save his butt, he said he didn't know what these guys were thinking ect.... so the big bosses said well get rid of them or your gone. so he canned 5 people, and hired new. these people did exactly what they were directed to do (wich was wrong anyways) but we all got tired of arguing with the jacka$$ , so we did want he wanted. these people had families depending on a paycheck too !
so i already had this job lined up, but wasn't set up to start until 2nd week in aug. but after i seen him fire people to save his own yellow a$$ i walked into his office, reamed him a new one, told him i quit, and said if i ever see him on my side of town, i will .............%#%^^#$* you get it.......
so i was off work from july 4th till 2nd week in aug with no job, no income coming in, just partying !!!!!
and till this day, that bastard still owes me around $780

owe campari ! good luck with the new job too !!!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
tool and die and mold shops i allwys tell apprentices as far as the owners concerned your only as good as your last job , , and do what he says even if itll be scrap when your done , dont waste breath arguing. will only get you closer to the door . and never give notice they wouldnt give you notice .

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
CAMPARI- i got not much going on next week..wanna help me with the LSCN calandar shoot?

i know you're married,and i mean no disrespect to mrs. campari, but i could use a hand!

OH BOY DID THAT SOUND WRONG! lol! seriously, i could use a hand!

·
Registered
954 Posts
If you give notice and your employer decides to have you leave before the date given you CAN get unemployment. I have done this in the past.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 20 2003, 04:34 PM)If you give notice and your employer decides to have you leave before the date given you CAN get unemployment. I have done this in the past.
Now thats sweet. Doesn't the employer have to pay some or all of it? Paid vacation.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Tool maker, mold maker, quality manager, im all of the above. It is a small world out there in the skilled trades. right now i am the quality and EHS manager for a tooling shop in waterford. But spent 12 years as a mold maker, CNC programmer, thats what I like best. Wait sorry to hijack your thread Campari. "Drink more beer"

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 20 2003, 06:59 PM)Roger,

I need my lawn cut, some mudding finished, Lets see what else I can find!

That's his name !???

couldn't resist it roger !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts