Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for good deals on tires for my truck.

Went into Belle Tire today and they gave me a price of $145.00+ tax each for Firestone tires.

REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone point me in the right direction. Perferably on the eastside, but willing to travel a bit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have had good luck at Discount Tire. It has cost me right at $100 for 17" Wranglers with tax and all. 145 seems high.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I go back and forth 3 or 4 times between Belle Tire and Discount Tire until I get a quote I like.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ May 1 2003, 06:19 PM)Looking for good deals on tires for my truck.

Went into Belle Tire today and they gave me a price of $145.00+ tax each for Firestone tires.

REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone point me in the right direction. Perferably on the eastside, but willing to travel a bit.

Thanks.

I have a discount in Belle Tire. Maybe I can help You somehow. Let me know

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 05:41 PM)I go back and forth 3 or 4 times between Belle Tire and Discount Tire until I get a quote I like.
First, go to Tirerack.com for the about the lowest REAL price I've found, then take THAT to both those dealers & see who does best!
Lot's of experience buying tires buying specialty tires for my cars!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
$145 does sound a bit high! Never had a problem with Belle Tire. However, I can't remember prices the last time I bought them.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've always gotten good deals and good service at Discount Tire. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Believe it or not, I went to WalMart.....$410 for 4 tires including road hazard ins. for my Yukon. 50K warranty. I travel alot and the fact that every podunk town has a WalMart was a big selling point.....

Mini

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ May 1 2003, 11:18 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 1 2003, 05:41 PM) I go back and forth 3 or 4 times between Belle Tire and Discount Tire until I get a quote I like.
First, go to Tirerack.com for the about the lowest REAL price I've found, then take THAT to both those dealers & see who does best!
Lot's of experience buying tires buying specialty tires for my cars!

Listen to Instigator. tirerack.com is a great site. I got my last tires for my cobra there and a lot of other sports car guys get their tires there too. I have never heard of one complaint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went on Tire Rack a while back and found that the tire I wanted was priced at $108 and knew that I shouldn't really have to pay more than $120-$130 per tire. Belle Tire sucks. I will go to Discount tire today.
Thanks all for the input.

Convincor

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
What brand/type of tires are you looking for.... all season, all terrain, mudders??? I don't think I would buy firestone. Never been a fan of firestone. Had good luck with BF Goodrich tires on trucks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
convincor253

Check your PM. I sent you a contact that I use. Every person I sent to him came home with a set of new tires.
If anybody else wants his number let me know, I was not sure if he wants me to post his number on the web.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
USA tire accros from the locker room ask them about knock off's or tack off's I found my tires are $375 a tire 2001 corvette got two tires for $590 discount tire was $750 belle was $795 the tires I got had about 100 miles on them they get tires off test cars and display vehicals.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(captpeglegg @ May 2 2003, 09:37 AM)USA tire accros from the locker room ask them about knock off's or tack off's I found my tires are $375 a tire 2001 corvette got two tires for $590 discount tire was $750 belle was $795 the tires I got had about 100 miles on them they get tires off test cars and display vehicals.
I was able to get great prices from USA also. It was also on Paul's suggestion.
I was able to get new General XP2000 -Z- Rated for $79 a tire and they are usually 140ish

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got a price from tirerack.com and then went to disount to see if they could beat it. They beat the price. So you know they will deal with you. And I got the Road hazzard.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ May 2 2003, 08:47 AM)What brand/type of tires are you looking for.... all season, all terrain, mudders??? I don't think I would buy firestone. Never been a fan of firestone. Had good luck with BF Goodrich tires on trucks.
I have Goodrich now (315's on my truck) but NO MORE!!!! They are owned by the French!!! Screw the French!!!! (Michelon owns bfgoodrich)

I am getting the new Goodyear Wranglers next time....in Canada. My tires are $1000. to $1100 here because of the size. In Canada $680. US out the door.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 2 2003, 12:31 PM)I have Goodrich now (315's on my truck) but NO MORE!!!!
Did you get aftermarket wheels or stay with the stock wheels. Just wondering if you have problems with the tires rubbing. I want to get bigger tires for my truck and go as big as I can without rubbing. I don't want to spend the extra cash for a lift, but am willing to spend for different wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts