Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don`t want to hear or read anything about the farmers crops drying out OR another person not getting their boat out of the canels. I`ve had enough with the rain already............
O.K. I feel alittle better......lol I guess ya make the best out of the weather anymore. This will be a very interesting season. for sure!
I`m spending more time cuttin the grass than Fishin`........

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
RK4BASSIN, We started building our ark. More rain to come. Rain Rain won't go away. Until we get the Jet Stream north of us these storms keep tracking accoss it and the end results. RAIN. The region needs h2o (lol) but enough is enough already i agree with you i've had it already geez.... The Plus is it's raising the lake levels and that's about it. I remember a year along time ago we were going through the same thing and it lasted all summer lets hope history is not repeating itself. Anyways sometimes we just have to grin and bare it and so be it. I think everyone feels the same way and soon the Jet will become stable north of us and fishing will be great this summer.

h2o<--says were saving money on watering the lawn, garden, flowers, and that's a Plus also.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Needed this bout of rain. Grasses were starting to dry.

If they don't grow, I don't mow. And if I don't mow, no bills get paid.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
"Grasses were starting to dry"????????

What you talking about? The ducks just left my back yard a couple days ago. I'm betting they'll be back. I may stock fish if this keeps up.

I just thought of another thing... does anyone know of a lawn mower that can cut long grass growing in 4 to 8 inches of water???

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Dan, you must be in a low area where water settles. Around here(tri-county area) the grass needs the rain. Watered mine just last Monday. Some other of my customers were getting that dry look.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I HAVE THE SOULTION !!!!!! I`ll start sellin worm`s to all the gas station`s and bait shops & drive around the launches....lol!!
Let`s see.........um........a flash light ($2.00) some worm bedding ($10.00).......and worms FREE from the SOAKED yard ....and sell them for $$$$$. Sounds like a way to take advantage of the rain...Maybe I can use spike-it instead of lawn fert. and I`ll have colored worms and a colorfull lawn...........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts