Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the long weekend upon us, I'm sure many of you will be wetting the line on Clair this weekend. Since there are no tournaments I'm sure we will all catch a boat load!! Good luck in your hunts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks Alex and the same to you.

I did get out this morning from 5:30 to 10:30 after the storm front came through. SM were biting well on the flats just north of Harley Ensign. Stayed in that area due to uncertain weather. Got six fish, best maybe 3 lbs, before 7:30. Between 7:30 and 10:30, things really tapered off. Two SM and a few rock bass. Tubes, 1 oz. gold red-eye spoon, and rattle traps all got fish. Mostly in 6-7 fow and temps of 75-76 degrees, drifting through the weedbeds and open areas.

Mike

·
Registered
397 Posts
We launched out of selfridge at 6:00 and got soaked by that last good down pore that lasted 3 min.

We stayed right in Anchor bay because we didn't know what the weather was going to do. We went south from the launch first and got nothing for the first two hours.

Then we fished north of Selfridge (almost to Salt River) and got two LM right away in 4-5 fow. Moved out to 7 fow and hit two back to back Muskie's and some smallies.

We were home by 1 and catching some z's by 1:30...LOL

Just think.....The weekend is just begining

Marke

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Basstrap and I had fun Thursday.....our best 5 would have been just under 21 pounds. Best 8 almost right at 30.

How did everyone else do?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ahhhh! Your killin' me. Nice fish guys!! We need more pic's like that on here. I have a wedding to attend or I would be on the water trying to land some of those myself.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess BT's arm was too tired to call me for Saturday.........

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Well my livewells were not as full as BT's and Mini's. Stayed mostly in Canada (South shore and Wapole). Picked up a lot of fish looking for surface activity and tossing a tube at them (even in deep water). The Hex bug & caddis slicks were the thickest I've seen them all year, with the Hex hatches dominating throughout the day. Good thing for that last minute "wash" I gave the boat in front of the Clinton, otherwise I'd be picking mayflies off boat for weeks. Weed growth is also on the rise, with a noticable difference from last week. Still nothing much over 2.5lbs for me. The biggest was sight unseen as I got a little lazy at the end of the day. Wait a minute.... none of you were with me and I am a fisherman.... I had 22lbs, yah that's it, 22lbs!

It's amazing what we will put ourselves through to catch fish. Blazing hot sun, 9 million boats stirring up the water, and those pesky little bugs coating every inch of bare skin. I think I have enough bug protien to last me through the week. Still wouldn't trade it for the world.

·
Registered
74 Posts
got out both saturday and sunday. kept 10 eyes and 25 jumbo perch. all of the walleyes were nice, between 2 and 5 pounds. fishin in the shores. no sign of the hatch and very few boats. here's a picture of my buddy jay with a nice wally......

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did pretty well fishing from shore between metro beach and the end of south river at a friends house. lots of jumbo perch in the shallow water right by the seawall, even the smaller perch were really meaty. about a hour before dark, i started casting a black jitterbug and picked up 6 bass in about 45 minutes, and missed what looked like a good size musky. the bass were all largemouth between 1.5lbs and the biggest being just over 4lbs. it was definity fast action and just about every cast i had a swirl or a sunfish come up to attack it.
i tried minnows earlier in the day for the perch, but the bass wouldnt keep away long enough for the perch to bite.
if you guys go out looking for the bass, try that shoreline, plenty of docks and hardly any boat traffic.(lots of floating weeds though)
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts