Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, you guys are really having a tough go of it. Another hot one on the way. This is the first and only time I'm glad I moved away from there. When I lived in Utica back in 95 we lost power in a storm for 18 hours, and I thought that was bad. I can't imagine what you are all going through at this time. But I have to as I can't get much information as to what's going on there now. So please do tell... I want to here all of your stories.. Is your power back on yet? How did you spend your evening? What are your plans for today...

Wishing you all well,

Scott

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Just got power back here in Algonac

turned everything back on, fixed all the clocks then of course i had to check the boards!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Wishing there were more people with access to be here...

the echo is deafening...

I would never know the difference being here at work; business as usual... lines are huge at the one or two gas stations in the one mile radius of power. Manana's basement has water up to their kneecaps~wondering if mine is flooded as I didn't even check.

All that's available is vending machine food so in the last 12hours I've had nutterbutters, snickers, cheeze it's, poptarts, chips and nasty coffee. Feeling bloated and wonderful having that taking residence in the belly.

Where do you live, Max?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Wisconsin, between Milwaukee and Madison.

I still can't wait to move back there. Wisconsin is cool place to live, for a while. But I miss being there.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Power was only out for a few minutes here in Lapeer. Water pressure was a little low thru the night though. Seems fine now. Haven't ventured out to see what is or isn't working in town yet. From what little I have heard, we are getting power thru Consumers that feeds the thumb area. Even though our normal supplier is DTE. I have heard there are not many gas stations open. Not sure why. Maybe the pumps draw too much current and they are waiting for more generating plants to get back online first. I am surprised you were required to go to work today Pauligan. From what I saw on the Detroit stations they were asking that today be an extended weekend day. I think all the car plants are closed. I also heard there was rumors that the dream cruise was being canceled. Still haven't seen anything with specific information on what caused all this or even where it all actually started.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
<_< I'm not surprised to be here...

We are fully generated and operational... trucking company so the trucks are still running cross country. bleah...

I'm surprised you only had a blip of power outage. CNN says Detroit won't expect it back till Sunday.

Max, what's holding you from moving back?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Where you at pauligan, I'm at my office in SCS right now with about half hour of battery power left on my laptop. Dial up service sucks, so slow, have to use it cause the router for the dsl is out.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My company asked me to transfer here eight years ago. I've done my time here, and am looking to transfer back. My company's head quarters are here, but we have a Data Center in Troy. A transfer would be easiest, but I'm not ruling out changing companies. So far no postition has opened up to let me transfer back. After 14 years with the company, I'd hate to have to start over, but who knows...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Hey Deuce,
I was suppose to do Con-Ed today on the Clinton River friendship cruise....think they will let me resechedule???

they are usually soooo picky when you miss, but I think this was a good excuse!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Aug 15 2003, 08:20 AM)
I'm not surprised to be here...

We are fully generated and operational... trucking company so the trucks are still running cross country. bleah...

I'm surprised you only had a blip of power outage. CNN says Detroit won't expect it back till Sunday.

Max, what's holding you from moving back?
I here ya sister!! I am here too with mini P-29 on my side. He is just excited that I told him that he could play his gameboy the whole day, which under normal circumstances there would be a time limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts